If I ever harbored any doubts the Pacific Northwest is a magical place, those fears were well and settled this past Saturday.



The hubbers and I attended an open house for Treehouse Point, a truly unique place located just 20ish miles east of Seattle.






Owners Pete & Judy Nelson constructed a one of a kind lodging experience in the lush PNW jungle.





Perched high in the pines are the kind of treehouses one only dreams of building.




 


 
Climb the stairs or scale the ladders, and inside you'll find a cozy stateroom unlike any other you've seen before.








Imagine lying in bed, gazing out into the dense green forest -- not a ground level -- but up in the canopy, sharing an evening in the woods with owls, squirrels and chipmunks.






Each treehouse is completely different. 
This one is built around the tree's trunk!







 





Most have balconies providing unobstructed views of the forest.






The autumn sunlight filtering in through the trees lent a beautifully dreamy quality....


....although one can easily imagine how enchanting it would be to watch the rain cascade down around you, whilst cozied up in your own private nest. 





The treehouses are scattered across the scenic property, some right along the river's edge.





Whether it's a peaceful retreat in contemplative solitude, or a romantic weekend away you seek, Treehouse Point would be a remarkable way to experience the PNW.



{ Would you stay in a treehouse? }




Psssst!  Don't forget -- send in your Look by Wednesday to be a part of our Virtual Fashion Show!





 



23 notes

  1. cb on October 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

    wow that is amazing!! i have always wanted to live in a tree house ever since i say the swiss family robinson movie when i was little oh and also ride an ostrich too but that can come later...

    xo,
    cb

     
  2. Andrea (Panda) on October 18, 2010 at 10:37 AM

    Lovely! Al and I soooo need to check this out sometime. i would definatly stay here

     
  3. Unknown on October 18, 2010 at 11:55 AM

    oh YES i would!!! - i don't camp - but treehouse live - OH MIGHTY YES! .. i think i may need to look into taking a lil stay here - thanks for showing me!!!

     
  4. ana on October 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM

    oh wow. that is stunning! i am not sure if i could really stay in one; i'm not too fond of heights and so many stairs. for a weekend i would..but that's about it. hah :D

     
  5. Diana Mieczan on October 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM

    I not only would love to stay in one but I would love to own one too....Awww how cool it must be to wake up each morning surounded by nature:)
    Hugs and kisses,sweetie

    Ps:hahah...your pumpkins sound cool:)

     
  6. Diana Mieczan on October 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM

    surrounded

     
  7. Amanda on October 18, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    That is so awesome! I looove fancy tree houses. They are so charming! I would definitely stay in one! Fun :)

     
  8. T@PoppyPlacePdx on October 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM

    What a clever idea. They look amazing :) But it is too much like camping and the closest I get to camping is staying at the Marriott Courtyard (He! He!) I am such an hotel snob these days!

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

     
  9. Anonymous on October 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM

    That'd be so much fun to see!

     
  10. Diana on October 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM

    I love tree houses, and would totally stay in one. Even live in one.

    Lovely photos too!

     
  11. Janet Mazorie on October 18, 2010 at 4:55 PM

    The one in between the two trees is pretty awesome! I would definitely stay in a tree house...brings back memories of being a little kid.

     
  12. yourstrulydear on October 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM

    i wanna go!!!! this looks AWESOME!! i wonder if the hubbers would go for this... :p

     
  13. amanda on October 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM

    Oh my! I've heard of these before and seen some amazing photos! Wow, this would be my dream come true!!!!

     
  14. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on October 18, 2010 at 9:01 PM

    ahh so lovely! i can't wait to visit it one day! :)

     
  15. Molly Page on October 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM

    INCREDIBLE.
    That looks so beautiful. Heck ya, I'd stay in a treehouse!

    Looking forward to the Virtual Fashion Show on Friday :)

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

     
  16. Lindsay C on October 19, 2010 at 7:58 AM

    Just letting you know that I had a giveaway and asked people to tell me their fave blogs with less than 200 followers and you were one so I did a post on you here: http://ldcdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/your-fave-blogs-with-less-than-200.html

    ps. That is an amazing tree house!

     
  17. k on October 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM

    I'm putting that on my to travel to list!!!

     
  18. Emily@VitaNostra on October 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM

    Whoa... I mean, Wow... Seriously how did you find this place?? So completely fabulous. I have to bookmark this in case we make our way out there. LOVE.

     
  19. Stacey on October 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM

    Oh my! This is so cool! Love, love! XX

     
  20. malevolent-mimi on October 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM

    Tree houses are really popular now. With Tree Homes and Tree Hotels! It's pretty amazing. I love love love your photos, you have a great eye! My photos never come out this nice.... Let's just blame the camera though lol

     
  21. Holly Knitlightly on October 20, 2010 at 11:45 AM

    These are AMAZING!!!!! I want to live in one! Luckily my boyfriend feels the same way! I know one day we are going to have a three story treehouse in our backyard. AWESOME. heheh!

     
  22. Oh, My Darling on October 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM

    Oh wow, it all looks so magical!

     
  23. Anonymous on October 29, 2010 at 8:40 AM

    I think this calls for a road trip to Seattle. My husband and I spent a weekend up there last summer and have been wanting to go back. This would be awesome.