Last weekend, the hubbers and I went out to Fall City Farms to pick out some punkins.



Scary scarecrows...



 


Punkins!




 

The hubbers inspecting the merchandise.







Ha ha - I caught you sneaky photog!







A trip to the punkin patch is never complete without cider and donuts. 
(I miss this so much from my hometown in Michigan -- I lived a few miles from 4 different cider mills.  Yeah, we like our apples.)







Yesterday we decided it was time to carve up these bad boys.  The hubbers drew that beautiful tree himself! 
No stencils here, folks.






My punkin is dark green, with lots of scars and marks, so really there was only one thing it could be:
ZOMBIE PUNKIN!
( ps - i updated mine late yesterday. he now has punkin guts dangling from his mouth. will photo soon.) 






We got so excited we had to preview what our punkins would look like lit up. 
We took them to the hall bath for this photo.  : P





{ what will your punkins look like this year? }




 

18 notes

  1. katie on October 25, 2010 at 10:08 AM

    Haha! I like the zombie! :) And the tree is amazing! Great job!

    -Katie

     
  2. Unknown on October 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM

    apple cider donuts - YUMMM! - we have a place in Jersey called "delicious orchards" - i go there JUST for the donuts!!!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika

    PS --> love for you to stop by and
    *Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

     
  3. cb on October 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM

    oh i LOVE your tree pumpkin, oh soo cute!!!!!

    xo,
    cb

     
  4. k on October 25, 2010 at 10:53 AM

    donuts!? i've never had those at a pumpkin patch, but it sounds delicious!

     
  5. Diana Mieczan on October 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

    So well done! I need to find some cool designs for my pumpkins:)
    Glad you had a fun weekend...I am craving those donuts right now
    Happy Monday,sweetie

     
  6. Diana on October 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM

    Haha, those are awesome! Great carving skills!

     
  7. Anonymous on October 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

    Oh how fun! I wish we had pumpkin patches around here!

     
  8. Anonymous on October 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM

    I was skeptical about the tree until I saw it lit up - looks great!! lol

    Thanks for your comment at my blog! Your dream is so sad, lol! It reminds me of those dreams I get sometimes where I go through the entire morning getting up and getting ready process, from using the bathroom to eating to leaving, and then I get up and realize I have to do all of that all over again! :(

     
  9. Anonymous on October 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM

    Also, I've grabbed your button and added it to my "love" section. :)

     
  10. k on October 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    you caught your cabinet on fire??ahahah :)

     
  11. k on October 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    ...but also scary...

     
  12. ana on October 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM

    ooo. cider and donuts. ooooo. your pumpkins came out wonderfully. :D

     
  13. Unknown on October 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

    Oh so jealous I don't know where to find pumpkins here in Sydney. But I could really go for some cider and donuts now ;)

    xx Cristina

     
  14. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on October 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM

    oh yay! You got your cider!! :) Cute punkins. I think I'm not gonna have time to do it this year..but that's ok. I do LOVE roasting the seeds...did you guys roast yours?

    ♥ Tsuki

    Little Gray Fox

     
  15. Stacey on October 25, 2010 at 6:53 PM

    You both did an awesome job with the carving! Guess, no one had better mess with either of you!;-). XX

     
  16. The Captain on October 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM

    RADICAL!! ZOMBIEEEEEEE

     
  17. Amanda on October 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM

    That zombie pumpkin awesome! Love the no stencils approach - sweet! I need to get my punkin this week :) And some cider donuts yum!

     
  18. Holly Knitlightly on October 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM

    WHOA! Your pumpkins look awesome! And mmmmmmmm! Cider and doughnuts. Such a great combo!