Well kiddos, this was one busy weekend. My college roommate is in town visiting, and with some lovely weather finally upon us, we decide to hit 4 (four. F-O-U-R!) craft fairs/street festivals.
 (My feet really hurt.)



{ Among many other things we... }



...saw a parrot out for a stroll with his owner in West Seattle....




....found Parisian style macaroons at Bakery Nouveau....






...ate some delicious seafood specials at the Ballard Seafood Fest...







...visited the spectacular Chihuly glass bridge in Tacoma....







...and discovered this incredible machine in front of Venue in Ballard.




{ what adventures have found you lately? }





17 notes

  1. The Captain on July 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM

    omg i'm so jealous. i want to come baaaaaaaaaaaack

     
  2. Andrea (Panda) on July 12, 2010 at 8:46 AM

    ooh you went to the seafood fest! i want to go so bad...guess i will have to wait till next year :(

     
  3. Crooked Sister on July 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM

    That Art O Matic machine looks pretty amazing. And kudos to you for hitting up 4 craft fairs. I would be totally exhausted too!

     
  4. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on July 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM

    those art machines are so cool! I wish there were more of them!

    you guys must be beat! after spending all day on my feet, saturday, I did it again on sunday! Greg and I did the "red rooster route" which basically is a tour of the local farms from arlington to marysville. it was such a gorgeous day for it..but very hot when picking berries in the fields!! We came home with a ton of delicious strawberries, blueberries and rasberries :) yum!

     
  5. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on July 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM

    p.s. your friend was really sweet. it was great to meet her :)

     
  6. Unknown on July 12, 2010 at 9:40 AM

    funniest thing - i didn't even realize the parrot - i just saw her shirt tied in a knot - haha - 90's flash back there! .. :o)

     
  7. Stacey on July 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    I am with Erika, i just saw the knot on the shirt and not the parrot. I had to look again-guess the parrot blended right into the colours of the pic:-)

     
  8. Diana Mieczan on July 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM

    OMG look at this parrot...How funny:) Your weekend sounds lovely:) I love the sea food:) Kisses,sweetie and Happy Monday

     
  9. Emily@VitaNostra on July 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

    Four? Four! Wow... I'm super impressed... sounds like a ton of fun. That bridge looks amazing!! And of course... the macarons... yum!!! That is a fabulous weekend!

     
  10. k on July 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM

    that parrot pic is hilarious, i totally would have taken one too! glad you had fun and stayed out of trouble! :)

     
  11. T@PoppyPlacePdx on July 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM

    My feet hurt for you :)

    I really want to go to Tacoma and see all the glass :) T.

     
  12. Amanda on July 12, 2010 at 8:36 PM

    So jealous! I <3 Ballard!I really want a macaroon now- YUM!

     
  13. Leia on July 12, 2010 at 11:48 PM

    Ooh it looked like you had such a fun weekend! the macaroons look scrummmmptious. I could SO do with one right now :P

    I love meeting new blogger friends so thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now and can't wait to read more! :)

    Leia's Delights

     
  14. Lynzy on July 13, 2010 at 6:17 AM

    Looks like so much fun<3

    Come enter my giveaway!

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

     
  15. C'est La Vie on July 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM

    i just discovered some fun places to visit close by but nobody will go with me! so guess what?! im going alone lol

    ps i am in the process of posting an award for you! come and get it in a little bit!

     
  16. Tayebug on July 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM

    Well Hello fellow Washingtonian!! I am going to the glass museum on free day Thursday this week!! I just found your blog through C'est La Vie and happy to find another local. I am a new follower and I hope you'll come and follow me too!

     
  17. paislea on July 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM

    mmmm! i've never had a macaroon. i want one! badly!!! ♥

    ♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

    psst. thanks for the follow!