A comparatively chilly morning here has me thinking ahead to that most glorious of seasons: Autumn. Boots, apple cider, scarves, punkins, PLAID -- what's not to love?




"handwoven Nantucket scarf" by pidgepidge

I. Want. This scarf!! I am in total love of this color combination.





"golden slumbers...photograph" by birdandbloke

We just don't get the same kind of fall foliage color as this Midwestern girl is accustomed to. I could use a photographic reminder.





"striped handknit fingerless gloves" by awkward

I am obsessed with fingerless gloves. Sometimes I even wear them at the office, so my hands stay toasty, while my fingers stay type-y.





"hatchet & acorn necklace.." by ChristineDomanic

I love that part of this pendant is made from the artists' own fallen tree. It's a nice way for something you loved to live on forever.





"Ian is a lumberjack ready for to take a break for some playtime" by omaspatch

There are no words. Oh wait, there's one: WANT.



{ too early to start gearing up for fall? }




15 notes

  1. paislea on July 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM

    perfect post. i adore that scarf!! i adore the seasonal picture and the cute gloves! i'm so excited for fall!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  2. Lynzy on July 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM

    That hatchet and acorn necklace is SO adorable!!

    XO Lynzy

     
  3. Andrea (Panda) on July 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM

    Fall is my fav season of all time! but i am still enjoying the warm/hot weather (not today) and omg that scarf is soo freaking cute!

     
  4. Diana Mieczan on July 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

    I am starting to think about fall too...I can already imagine that scarf around my neck...keeping me warm and cozy:)

    Kisses,sweetie

     
  5. Stacey on July 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM

    I'm thinking about fall because it has been so hot! Love that scarf too.

     
  6. T@PoppyPlacePdx on July 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM

    The photo is gorgeous. The pendant amazing. But Fall already??

    (OK, so I did post about snow today, uh oh:) T.

     
  7. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on July 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

    Nup. I'm looking forward to fall as well. Being from Ohio and living in SoCal, I really miss the fall colors! My husband and I had our wedding back in Ohio in the fall. It was so pretty!

     
  8. C'est La Vie on July 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM

    isn't it funny how we dream over summer in the winter and can't wait for fall now. i know i can't!

     
  9. Oh, My Darling on July 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM

    I'm a total autumn girl, so I'm loving this.

     
  10. My Life Under the Bus on July 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

    Love autumn but I'm in the northeast and it's been 100 like EVERY day - what's with THAT ??? Halloween is my most favorite holiday....is it too early for that ???

     
  11. Zabrinah on July 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM

    Wow! I love that scarf too!!! Amazing.

    And who doesn't love/own a pair of fingerless gloves!?!

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

     
  12. Amanda on July 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

    Definitely not too early to gear up for fall! I love it! You got me so excited for the leaves, scarves, cider, boots, plaid, fingerless gloves- I love it all. I always love the anticipation for the next season :)

     
  13. Leia on July 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM

    Those fall colors are SO beautiful. I hope it takes its time coming, though, because I love summer :)

    Leia

     
  14. k on July 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM

    that scarf is uh-mazing. i love. i need to watch out - i can throw all my money at scarves and hats during the fall/winter :)

     
  15. amanda on July 29, 2010 at 11:23 AM

    if that scarf wasn't so pricey, I would totally snatch it up! the colors are awesome, thanks for sharing that!