Saturday was West Seattle's neighborhood parade. I spent a lovely morning sitting on the sidewalk, watching the festivities unfold.


I love watching the drum majors leading the marching bands. That dude is way excited about his baton.




Easily the most colorful costumes at the parade.



Some of these costumes had amazingly long feather headresses. Photo? No, no photo. Frown.




Seafair Pirates. Noisy, dirty, silly pirates. (It was funny watching one of them drop kick a styrofoam head into some lady's coffee. I guess that's what you get for standing IN the street, during a parade.)





I was dying over the adorableness of that little girl. She was totally hamming it up.





What parade would be complete without flaggers?




I'll leave you with this image...


West Seattle can be kind of a weird place.



{ how was your weekend? }




14 notes

  1. k on July 26, 2010 at 7:49 AM

    parades seriously get more and more interesting to me the older i get, they are so fun/funny!

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on July 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM

    Love parades....That toe truck is so funny:) Glad you had a good time:) We had a blast too with the whole family:)
    Wish you a lovely Monday,sweetie

     
  3. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on July 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM

    Those drill team squads were hilariously animated. I think it was the third group's leader who screamed out her orders like she was screaming bloody murder! There was a whole lot of attitude coming from such little girls. Too cute. I love the toe cuz it's one of our dearest landmarks of Seattle. And I loved the drumlins, those are always fun. My favorite was probably the cops though. Some of thos stunts seemed so close to hitting each other, very impressive! Especially on such large motorbikes!

    Hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend! I'm off to shoot the wedding...ack!!

     
  4. C'est La Vie on July 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM

    hahaha gross! toe-truck, so funny

    i LOVE parades, we had some saturday too :)

     
  5. C'est La Vie on July 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM

    ok lady i have another award for you :) i couldn't help it! haha
    just give me a bit to post it and you can come and get it!

     
  6. paislea on July 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

    these pictures are amazing! i had a super big fat crush on a boy in marching band when i was in high school, and so i have fond memories of sitting in the bleachers outside in front of our football field waiting for him to get out of class, so we could have lunch together. so much fun! i have a deep place in my heart for marching band! hahh

    ♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  7. Stacey on July 26, 2010 at 12:03 PM

    I love marching bands and i love parades! Loving that pink toe truck too:-).

     
  8. amanda on July 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM

    haha! that last photo cracked me up! I've been to one parade in my life... sad, I know. My family just never got into them, but I went with the family I was babysitting for and loved it. I think it was a halloween parade. these pics make me want to go again!

     
  9. Lynzy on July 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

    How fun! I love the "TOE TRUCK"!


    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

     
  10. T@PoppyPlacePdx on July 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM

    You always have such fun on your weekends :)

    I love the little girl, and everyone is so happy, I bet it was contagious.

    LOve the TOE truck, how clever :)

    Did I miss wishing you Happy B.Day for last week???? (it was last week, right!)

    Hope your week is starting well, :) T.

     
  11. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on July 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

    I love parades, though I've been in more than I've seen. I was a big ol' bando in high school and before that, I was always in them for Girl Scouts. My mom and my aunt used to design our floats, and every year we'd place and win a trophy for our float.

    Last year I played in my high school's alumni marching band and it was super fantastic. :)

     
  12. Amanda on July 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM

    Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love parades :) Love the costumes and the toe truck made me giggle :)
    Happy Monday!

     
  13. Tayebug on July 27, 2010 at 5:27 AM

    Totally missed it!! Thanks for the pictures. FUN!

     
  14. Unknown on July 27, 2010 at 6:07 AM

    r u kidding me? - that toe truck is GREAT! - i'm racking my brain for an AWESOME business name right now - that's freakin' genus!

    anyway weekend was the best - can't complain at all - even tho i was immoble yesterday - u know u had fun when u can't function the next day :o)