Last night we went to my cousin's fireworks extravaganza. For the last 10 years, his family has put on a show to rival any professional set up.

 It was also a great opportunity to mess around with my camera's white balance feature. ; )


{ Here are some of my favorite shots. }













  









{ what did you do this weekend? }



8 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on July 5, 2010 at 10:48 AM

    Those are such a pretty images...You did so well,sweetie!!! I love fireworks:)
    I had a lovely relaxing weekend...We went for a wine festival and met some friends...It was so fun:)
    Happy Monday and see you soon:)

     
  2. Janet Mazorie on July 5, 2010 at 11:25 AM

    WOW...These are such beautiful photos! Looks like you guys celebrated in style. We were quite far from the fireworks over NYC but they were still amazing.

     
  3. Lynzy on July 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM

    Great work with the camera<3


    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com
    Come enter my giveaway!

     
  4. Victoria on July 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM

    Wow, awesome shots! Lots of fun to look at - I love the one with all the white mini fireworks. :)

     
  5. Unknown on July 5, 2010 at 7:55 PM

    love especially the second one on the left may i have a copy?

     
  6. k on July 6, 2010 at 2:01 AM

    Oh my gosh, I love the 4th one in! It's so perfect...

     
  7. T@PoppyPlacePdx on July 7, 2010 at 9:13 AM

    WOW! Kelli, those are awesome shots. Looks like you had lots of fun and what an impressive display. T. :)

     
  8. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on July 7, 2010 at 3:43 PM

    thanks!

    we were literally right under the fireworks. luckily this year i remembered to 1. sit a tiny bit further back to avoid being covered in shrapnel and 2. to eat all of my flag cake before the show commenced, so there was no chance of it being ruined by said shrapnel.
    :)