What's got two thumbs and spent 31 hours in the city of brotherly love this weeknd?

 

That's right.





I headed to Philadelphia for the lovely wedding of my dear college roommate, Julie.

 

Landing at 5:30am does have one advantage: you have no choice but to adventure out into the city.





My pal Tania and I headed over to Reading Terminal Market, an amazing collection of lunch counters, farm stands and any kind of sweet you can imagine.


We scored the most delicious Amish breakfasts.








And spent some time wandering around all the deliciousness.






Tiny jams!


 



Pumpkin whoopie pies.  
I saved mine and it is sitting in the fridge awaitng my lunchtime consumption.







5 lbs of lollipop!







Beautiful chocolates.....





...and some strange ones, too.




It was a wonderful reunion weekend of sorts, but with only 8 hours of sleep in two days, I'm kinda paying for it now....


Stay tuned for further photos of my Philly adventures.



{ how was your weekend? }



21 notes

  1. cb on November 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

    sounds like you had a great weekend! although i hope you can work in some more sleep!!!

    okay, one thing....please explain the amish breakfast...as a breakfast lover i must know!

    xo,
    cb

     
  2. T@PoppyPlacePdx on November 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM

    What fun :)

    I am so jealous that you got to fly off somewhere :)

    Very excited for you though, that you got to hang out with good friends.

    Have a lovely day, try to pretned you are awake at work (He! He!) T. :)

     
  3. Anonymous on November 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM

    How fun! You got some great pics :)

     
  4. Lisa Lisa Lisa on November 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM

    What a great way to spend your weekend! I've never been to Philly, but I've heard great things =)

     
  5. Maddy on November 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM

    I would give a toe for a pumpkin whoopie pie right now.

     
  6. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on November 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

    haha, i just realized i left an "e" out of "weekend."

    i'mma leave it. i think it is an accurate barometer for how tired i am today. :P

     
  7. Diana Mieczan on November 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM

    Ohh your weekend sounds so fun! The honey jars look so adorable
    Happy Monday,sweetie

     
  8. Emily@VitaNostra on November 1, 2010 at 3:19 PM

    Another lovely weekend! Hopefully you will 'catch up' soon... landing at 5:30... yikes. I'm impressed.

    And I just have to say... I love tiny little jams :)

     
  9. this free bird on November 1, 2010 at 4:19 PM

    Kelli this is SO cool. Those pumpkin whoopie pies look ridic!! Can't wait to see more from your adventures. Philly cheese steaks please!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

     
  10. Stacey on November 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM

    It looks like you had a fantastic weekend. I love those tiny jam jars and those pumpkin whoopie things! Great pics too! XX

     
  11. yourstrulydear on November 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

    yummm, i want all those treats!!! especially the honeycomb. i'm really hungry right now, and this post is making me hungrier.

    my weekend flew by WAY too fast!! work was such a drag today, and i was all tired because i stayed up late watching sister wives (addicting because it's so CRAZY you have to watch!), and because it's monday already. boo.

    also, i'm excited for more pictures, so i can continue to live vicariously through you! ha ha ha

     
  12. Amanda on November 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM

    Sounds like a fun time! YUM pumpkin whoopie pie- how was it? (I'm sure it was amazing). Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! Hope you catch up on your sleep :)

     
  13. Lauren on November 2, 2010 at 5:16 AM

    i love philly. and amish stuff.

    the lungs are a bit odd though.. haha

     
  14. k on November 2, 2010 at 6:03 AM

    I've never been to philly and just lived vicariously through you, thanks!

     
  15. k on November 2, 2010 at 7:02 AM

    aahahah i just read your last comment, don't worry i drank SO MANY! and i even stole two! totally economizing

     
  16. ana on November 2, 2010 at 9:00 AM

    um. those choco-lungs are awesome.

     
  17. Tania on November 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM

    um, since you didn't mention it, i feel obligated to...THAT WAS NOT YOUR BREAKFAST! but boy, where my french toasts yummy...

     
  18. Janet Mazorie on November 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM

    Looks like you had so much fun! The honey and chocolates look delicious...not so sure about the lungs though?
    Excited to see the rest of your photos!

     
  19. heather on November 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM

    i'm so down with solid chocolate lungs right now... tho i would prefer dark choco :)

     
  20. My Life Under the Bus on November 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM

    I was born in the city of brotherly love but I don't remember a thing! I'll have some of that breakfast though!!!

     
  21. Holly Knitlightly on November 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM

    I've never been to Philly but I wanna go some day! And oh man, this post is making me HUNGRY! I want all of those tiny jams. :) Hope you're having a lovely day!