Welcome to the first edition of { crave + rave: gifts for...} !

To help you out with your holiday shopping, each week I'll feature gifts tailored to fit certain tastes, all sourced from that wonderful vintage and handmade resource, Etsy.


First up,

{ gifts for the wanderer }



"Destination Unknown Traveler's Mini Notebook in Wood Grain" by CampfireChic

Every good wanderer needs a place to scribble.  The name of that spooky little town, the intersection where that amazing burger stand is, a lovely combination of words that stumbles into your brain.  Things that simply must not be forgotten.
(I can't believe I haven't discovered this shop before! Many wonderful things to browse through.)







"FIELD Bag II - Hand Stitched Leather Satchel - Feral Empire" by feralgirl

Wanderers need a place to store things.  Little bits we acquire, a good bottle of water (wandering can take quite some time, you know), a digital camera.  Plus it's nice to have your hands free.






"vintage plaid scarf / tablecloth" by ManMadeSole

One never knows what mother nature might have in store when the urge to wander falls upon us.  Why not tuck an oversized scarf into your handy leather satchel (see above) ?  Perfect for warding off sudden chilly breezes, and the odd impromptu picnic.







"Not Lost Just on An Adventure. Compass Necklace..." by ReneeLoughlin

It's easy to get turned around on a good wander. (not for me -- i'm known as 'kellimaps.')  This necklace is cute and stylish, as well as vitally functional.








"Made to Order Custom Soft Leather Winter Mukluks in a Variety of Color/Style Options" by spirocreations

I'm all for fancy shoes.  I really am.  But when it comes down to wandering, I prefer my toes to be safely encased in a good pair of boots.  And these are custom made for your dear wanderer's own feet!  How personal and sweet is that?





{ do you have any wanderers in your life? }



Psssst! -- be sure to grab my "handmade for holidays" button, if you plan on joining me in my pledge this season!


holiday button 2

 
( it's over in the sidebar --------> )




13 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on November 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM

    Those yellow shoes are so adorable:) I want a pair..hahah
    Kisses,sweetie

    Ps: I am hosting a sweet GIVEAWAY today, please join in!

     
  2. cabin + cub on November 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM

    oh i love those mukluks! they would be perfect in the winter! ;)

     
  3. Louise on November 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

    Lovely lovely gifts! My boy is about to wander off to New Zealand, he'd probably look silly in the boots, though. I'll have to get them for myself. Yes, that's definitely the thing to do!

     
  4. Isabel on November 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM

    im loving those mukluks! these are great gift ideas!

     
  5. Janet Mazorie on November 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM

    Yah the boots are awesome! I have several wanderers in my life...and if I could find them...I'd give them one of these lovely gifts:)

     
  6. Lauren on November 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM

    I LOVE this list, now I want everything on it!!

     
  7. T@PoppyPlacePdx on November 3, 2010 at 6:35 PM

    Kelli, what great finds. I had to go to Ferals shop and found her beautiful Leather Journal.

    Thanks for sharing and I'd love to see the photos of the sculptures.

    Have a lovely evening T. :)

     
  8. Stacey on November 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM

    The mukluks definitely caught my eyes! Great gift ideas for sure! XX

     
  9. ana on November 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM

    adorable gift ideas. i love those mukluks!

     
  10. k on November 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM

    girl these are super cool! I'm putting together a similar list for a guest post, but now I'm all bashful cuz it won't be as good!

     
  11. yourstrulydear on November 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

    ooh i like all of these! especially those boots!! want to spot me for them? hahaha ;]

     
  12. Amanda on November 4, 2010 at 7:15 PM

    Lovely finds! Aaaah those boots are to die for!

     
  13. Holly Knitlightly on November 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM

    I'll take one of each! :) haha. I'm so glad you discovered Kam's shop! It's filled with awesome stuff. I just ordered something from her last week!

    And I WANT those handmade boots! And that blanket. And the bag. And, everything. Hahaha. Love it!!