Today's { crave + rave: gifts for...} was inspired by Heather's lovely post.


To help you out with your holiday shopping, each week I'll feature gifts tailored to fit certain tastes, all sourced from that wonderful vintage and handmade resource, Etsy.


 
{ gifts for the collector }
 
 
 
"3 Hand painted Irish Beach Stones" by irisoconnor

I love rocks and am currently obsessed with Ireland.  This seemed like a no brainer.  Plus, they are so cheery and colorful!  What's not to like?







"vintage COLLECTION of Deer figures No. 1" by ScottieinaCanoe

These were just so fun, I couldn't resist including them.  Perfect for the 'woodland creature' or 'kitschy holiday decoration' collector.







"Vintage Photograph Collection 1940s 1950s" by claudettesvintage

Are there other people who collect vintage photographs?  No?  Just me?  Ah well.  If you should change your mind, this hefty bundle is a great way to start.







"Snowy Owl, Barred Owl, Gray Owl - Antique Book Plate - 1914" by shavingkit

I know we've got some owl collectors out here in blogland.  A little something different, for the collector who already has a bunch of figurines...
( altho if you're looking for an excellent time vacuum, search "owl collection" under Vintage on Etsy. omg. )








"Snow White and her Seven Lambs" by Colinscreatures

Do people collect sheeps?  Maybe you should.  These are insane cute.








"Set of three tumblers" by pureporcelain

I am in love with these.  I don't collect tumblers or jars or vases, but these make me seriously consider starting....



*update* even more ideas here...


{ do you have a collector in your life? }




holiday button 2.2


Pssssst! - check out Diana's tag answers.  theeeeeeeeey're great!
(yep. that was a tony the tiger reference.)



11 notes

  1. cb on November 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM

    i love that owl print and the idea of hanging it like that!...hmmmm...where to put that idea to use....

    xo,
    cb

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on November 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM

    The vintage deer collection is adorable..It would look so pretty on my bookshelf:)
    Kisses,sweetie

    Ps: I’m hosting a sweet t-shirt GIVEAWAY today, so please join in

     
  3. ana on November 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM

    so...cutest post ever. i think i want to start collecting sheep.

     
  4. k on November 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM

    You're kind of brilliant. I adore those rocks!!! I want them even though I don't collect them and I've never been to Ireland! I should totally paint something swiss on some rocks and give them for christmas! Ok I'm getting excited.
    Also, I think I need to call my grandma and see if she look around for scarves!

     
  5. T@PoppyPlacePdx on November 10, 2010 at 2:28 PM

    You've had me clicking all over the place today :)

    What a beautiful and fun collection of things you had to share today.

    I absolutely love the rocks, and what a perfect name Iris O Conner way cool.

    Heather's blog post was amazing :)


    I am guilty of collecting a few too many things, like antique lace, antique fans, shells and of course my passion Art.

    Now I am worn out clicking it is time for some lunch (He! He!)

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

     
  6. Stacey on November 10, 2010 at 5:08 PM

    Love the tumblers, rocks, those vintage photographs... Really, everything featured would make an awesome gift:-). XX

     
  7. this free bird on November 11, 2010 at 12:01 AM

    I love the painted rocks and immediately thought of Heather when I saw them!! cool!

    Really like the vintage photos, too. Would love to create a wall out of them.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

     
  8. Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries on November 11, 2010 at 4:04 AM

    Cool! Wanna know a secret? I'm going to Ireland in two weeks! :D
    Thank you for joining the Ex-Presso / Blog couture giveaway! I hope you'll win! ;)
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

     
  9. Isabel on November 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM

    those tumblers are beautiful!

     
  10. Anonymous on November 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM

    I love the Irish beach stones! My mom collects angels :)

     
  11. Holly Knitlightly on November 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM

    I DEFINITELY collect sheep! Love love loooooooooooove them!

    (PS your cowl will be mailed out TOMORROW! Sorry for the wait, the store in my city was out of the colour you wanted, so I had to wait until today to buy it! But I'm washing it as we speak (well, soaking it) and it will be all dried for the mail tomorrow! :)