It snowed here on Sunday.  And it's still coming down now.  It never snows here. 
Well, almost never. 


My neighborhood, this morning.




I myself am no stranger to the fluffy white stuff.  I spent the majority of my life in the Midwest or the East Coast.  Bavarian Germany also saw it's fair share of flakes.




View from my inside my car.




But somehow, it's entirely different here.  Maybe it's because Washingtonians think throwing sand on it will make it better.  I'm sure it does (a little), but ya know what works better? Rock salt (and lots of it). 





Look, Ma! Front yard is covered (barely).


All morning we've been hearing of multiple car accidents and spin outs, even though in most places there's under an inch of accumulation.


But still, it's falling.

**UPDATE: 12:10pm out the office window...


Wish me luck, since I have to venture out into this mayhem, for work appointments.
( A pox on you who are making me do this! you know who you are. ) UPDATE: WORK APPTS CANCELLED! WAHOO!



{ how do you feel about snow? }


ps - these horrible photos are courtesy of my new mobile web device. hello, 2008!

16 notes

  1. Unknown on November 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM

    i LOVE the 1st snow of the year - and then thereafter only MAJOR storms - when i get to stay home and work from there instead of going in the office - OTHERWISE hate having to wake up an extra hour early to clean the cars off and driveway .. HOPEFULLY this year i'll actually clear out my garage and be able to USE it .. what a dream that would be!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  2. cb on November 22, 2010 at 10:27 AM

    drive safely! i have never lived in snow and i would be soooo frightened to drive in it!!!

    it rained like CRAZY here this weekend, like down pours! thought our little house would drift off with the current of mud and water...hehehe. luckily we didn't :)

    xo,
    cb

     
  3. Maddy on November 22, 2010 at 10:30 AM

    I have never lived in snow and I like the idea of large amounts of freshly fallen snow, but last year my boyfriend and I got stranded in NE Pennsylvania during a snowstorm and I hate that you can't do anything! You can't drive until someone ices the roads, everything slips and you have to clean soooo much. Snow is pretty but it's kind of a pain!

     
  4. Anonymous on November 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM

    Beautiful pics!

     
  5. T@PoppyPlacePdx on November 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM

    I love your shot from inside the car. :)

    Sorry you have to go out in it. My Hubby stole my SUV but I would be staying home away :)

    We don't have any snow on the ground right now but black ice in places and more snow tonight.

    I like building snowmen but then drinking hot choc and warming up is the best part of it snowing.

    Have a lovely day, :) T.

     
  6. Diana on November 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM

    I don't mind the snow here because it hardly ever stays long.

    It can be really pretty, but I'm glad I don't have to put up with it for six months of the year like when I lived in the prairies.

    I hated seeing dog pee on the snow also.

     
  7. Diana Mieczan on November 22, 2010 at 1:20 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  8. Diana Mieczan on November 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM

    I really love snow..I think its because when I was little my dad used to make a huge deal of it..He made the whole thing so much fun for me and my brother:)
    Kisses,sweetie
    Enjoy your day

     
  9. yourstrulydear on November 22, 2010 at 5:14 PM

    i hate snow, mostly because i hate being cold and/or wet. we have a blizzard alert for tonight and tomorrow, so i'm hoping it won't be too bad :/ stupid snow!!

     
  10. Lisa Lisa Lisa on November 22, 2010 at 5:35 PM

    Yes, we have our snow on the east side too! Last winter was so mild, it is strange to see it be so aggressive this early. I looks very pretty though!

     
  11. Amanda on November 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM

    I love it! I am so jealous!! I can't wait for winter and snowboarding to begin :) Hopefully we get a lot of snow this year!
    Looks like the perfect day for some hot chocolate with whipped cream YUM!

     
  12. Emily@VitaNostra on November 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM

    I'm from New England and went to school in Wisconsin so I have mixed feelings on this topic. I love it when I can stay in side and cuddle and take naps and make soup. I shake with terror when I have to drive in it. Hence, the move down south (yes, I am one of 'those' drivers). It is beautiful though.

     
  13. Lauren on November 23, 2010 at 9:45 PM

    I wish it wouuld snow here! I'm in Maryland, but I'm from PA and I miss when everything shuts down because of snow!

     
  14. k on November 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM

    YEAH for bavarian germany AND the midwest!

     
  15. My Life Under the Bus on November 24, 2010 at 4:03 AM

    Oh we are loaded with snow. I am in the north east and dread the on coming winter because snow will bring confusion and delay. Snow here means getting up at 5:00 am to a phone call that will tell you if there is a delay or closing. Inevitably if there is a closing the boys are WIDE AWAKE and ready to go out and play! ACK The first snow has that exciting romance to it.....all the following snows? BAH HUM BUG!!!

     
  16. Holly Knitlightly on November 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

    I LOVE snow! I can't wait for it to start snowing here. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, ahh... I really hope it does. I hope we have some in time for my birthday!