I can't believe I only worked a combined total of one day last week.  Amazing.  But now I feel all discombobulated being back to the daily grind.  These past 4 days went by much too quickly.  Sigh.


So here's some lessons I learned from this weekend's madness:



1. If you are going to make pie, don't ever forget to add sugar.  Also helps if you have had more than 4 hours sleep.





2.  Always look for that stupid plastic bag of guts inside the turkey BEFORE you cook it.






3.  Never underestimate the amount of people that will line up outside of Target on Black Friday.  I swear to jeebus it was like 300 people.  Insanity.






4. My baby cousins are the cutest girls alive.  Highlights from our family gathering:

Peyton running down the hallways shouting her own name "Peeeeytooooon!"
Parker perfectly ennunciating  "Peyton. Is afraid. Of da dogs."
I can't wait until Evie starts talking...


How do I have no photos from this party???



For those of you who joined me in my "live" blogging adventures, it was wonderful to have you along.  Cooking for only 2 other people feels a bit lonely at times, so it was nice to share the misadventures with you all.  


{ so. how was your weekend? }


Pssssssst - the Thanksgiving meal did turn out well.  nearly everything was edible, and nothing caught on fire. win!


11 notes

  1. cb on November 29, 2010 at 11:47 AM

    wow i can't believer you ventured out on black friday! you have have guts!!! turkey day was fantastic, i LOVE stuffing, it is my favorite!
    glad to hear you had a good time and that everything was edible!!!

    xo,
    cb

     
  2. paislea on November 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM

    mmmm! thanksgiving was so nice! i'm glad you had a good time!

    allister bee fashion blog

     
  3. k on November 29, 2010 at 1:27 PM

    I didn't even know a turkey had a bag inside it?

     
  4. Tanya (a Taste of T) on November 29, 2010 at 1:30 PM

    WOW! Sounds like your weekend was full of adventure.

     
  5. Anonymous on November 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM

    Good tips :)

     
  6. yourstrulydear on November 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM

    what did you get at target? sounds fun, and that little quote is adorable. kids really do say the darndest things ;] haha. our thanksgiving was awesome. someday i'll get around to blogging about it...

     
  7. heather on November 30, 2010 at 6:20 AM

    Oooh, did you forget to add sugar??? I think I missed that part. But you are a crazy trooper on your casi no sleep cookout!!!

    And really, you must have been at Target snapping that photo too! You are insane! But definitely not alone, hehe :)

     
  8. Diana on November 30, 2010 at 12:12 PM

    Hope you got some deals for being out so early! I wish we had Target in Canada.

     
  9. Amanda on November 30, 2010 at 8:35 PM

    Wow you survived black friday and cooking thanksgiving dinner in one weekend! I'm scared to do both!

    I loved your (not live bc I was too late) live post! Awesome slapsgiving ;)

    I had a great thanksgiving, followed on Saturday by friendsgiving- two thanksgivings in one weekend-awesome!!
    Our turkey was done two hours early as well- I think it is some sort of conspiracy...

     
  10. ana on December 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM

    aww. that turkey did look good though! :) darn that plastic bag of insides. looks like a fun adventures for sure.

     
  11. Janet Mazorie on December 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM

    I just read back through your Thanksgiving aventure. You are sooo funny.
    What did you need from Target that you had to wait in line for?