I've moved around a fair bit, and now that I'm settled here in the PNW, I'm bitten by nostalgia for the other places I've lived...
Click the links to view the entire collections.






















{ where are you nostalgic for? }




14 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on August 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM

    Love that...I moved a lot too and the one place I miss the most is the Polish seaside...We lived there only for a few months but it was so cool:)...The air was so fresh and the view...amazing!!

    Those poster are really pretty...Great selections,sweetie

    Kisses

     
  2. paislea on August 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM

    i want to move somewhere mysterious!!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  3. Unknown on August 10, 2010 at 12:59 PM

    i'll always be a jersey girl through and through - i moved aroudn as well - every time i couldn't wait to get back - ... kinda' nervous b/c i'm signing up for the Peace Corp - but atleast i know i'll be back in 6 months!

     
  4. yourstrulydear on August 10, 2010 at 1:31 PM

    i miss maine. my parents don't even live there anymore so i can't justify the price of a plane ticket. it really bums me out so i just have to think that someday we'll have extra vacation money..

     
  5. this free bird on August 10, 2010 at 2:13 PM

    Canada! I grew up on the prairies and now live in Southern Cal, but I did live in the PNW on Day Island and I consider it a second home. Get terribly homesick for the Seattle area VERY often.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

     
  6. k on August 10, 2010 at 3:04 PM

    for iowa summers :) ohhh the midwest :)and yayy dress/tights/ankleboots season - i'm all over it!

     
  7. Janet Mazorie on August 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM

    I can't decide which one I love the most. The Michigan one has such great colors. But NYC is my town and I can't help but love that one. Plus I love that song it is titled after!

    Thanks for letting me know about the books...I think I will start on Three Cups of Tea, since you gave it such rave reviews!

     
  8. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM

    I would say I miss Alaska because it was such a remote area and a simple time. But I suppose everything was easier when I was a child ;) I miss the gorgeous views and the nature all around. I do not, however, miss its winters

    brrrr

     
  9. My Life Under the Bus on August 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM

    Yo ! I grew up in New York but now live in Ct. I love where we are now but miss the ocean on Long Island where I spent my earliest years. I moved around alot when I was younger and am a bit jealous of people who are still in contact with all the people they've ever known !

     
  10. Courtney on August 10, 2010 at 5:56 PM

    I can definitely relate to this feeling! Unfortunately, my nostalgia is met with an equally strong sense of wanderlust so I have a hard time settling. Based on your collections though I am tempted to settle into a Michigan summer. Lovely!

     
  11. heather on August 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM

    I love this! And I know I'm going to be nostalgic for this place once I leave... But still, I am happy to come home to my patiently waiting books! Especially now that I have a feel for where home is. I don't think I appreciated where I came from enough before... I guess that means, for now, I'm nostalgic for the Bay Area of California.

    Also, I'm always in the mood for a good reading suggestion. :)

     
  12. Stacey on August 10, 2010 at 8:37 PM

    I think i'm going to get Eat, Pray, Love this week since you say it's great:-). Italy was the last place i lived, and i miss it there immensely!

     
  13. Tayebug on August 10, 2010 at 8:39 PM

    I lived in New Zealand about 20 years ago and I miss it very much. I think I would like to go back, but only to visit this time.

     
  14. Amanda on August 11, 2010 at 4:07 PM

    Michigan summers seem so magical! I miss Montana- the perfect summer days and cool summer nights!