Stacey of Design Addict Mom wrote a wonderful post (you should really read it if you haven't already) last week, giving us a little peek into her life.  And lo and behold, at the end of the post, she bestowed the lovely award on me that inspired it. : )

So here we go:

1. why do you blog?

Honestly?  Honestly, I started a blog in conjunction with opening my new Etsy shop.  But since that first week or so, I've rarely even mentioned my little business.  Blogging has become not only a(nother) creative outlet for me, but has introduced me to an entire other world of creative folks.  It's been a pleasure getting to know all of you, and sharing a bit about myself as well. 
I just watched the movie "Julie & Julia," and in it the husband bemoans blogging - that it's basically egocentric, narcissistic and frivolous.  I couldn't disagree more.  I mean yes, I do tell stories about myself (and look at me here, blathering away) but to me blogging is really about community.  And as members of this community, we share.  We comment.  We learn.  So to all the haters who think blogging is silly: Boo on you!  I loves it.



2. what are your 3 best memories?
Boy, oh boy. 
a) Our honeymoon trip to Disney World.  I'm am unashamedly approx. 7 years old. 
b) Our road trip across Route 66.  Perhaps the greatest road trip we've ever taken. 
c) My grandparents home.  It's no longer in our family, but each and every room is crammed full of memories.  It's impossible to seperate out just one, because some of the best moments of my childhood live there.




 3. name two of the best books you've read.

Good gravy.  Another serious tough-y.

"The Way the Crow Flies" by Anne Marie MacDonald.  It's an epic (over 700 pages), beautifully written tragedy.  I recommend it highly (here you go, Heather ; D I didn't forget!)

I've adored "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexander Dumas ever since I was 'forced' to read it in high school.  I finished it in one day.






4. what are the  5 best movies of your favorite movies ever made?
 (the former film student in me just can't answer the previously formed question)

 

a) Donnie Darko
b) Bonnie & Clyde
c) Standing in the Shadows of Motown
d) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
e) Super Troopers (Don't you judge me. I still laugh my patoot off everytime I see it.)





5. name 5 things you can't live without.

humans and creatures aside....

a) coffee
b) my digital camera
c) crafting, in all it's glorious forms
d) a good story
e) potatoes


 



6. if you could change your name, what would it be?

I love my middle name (Moran).  It's a family name and it's unusual.  I'd probably go with that.


7. tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself.

I've been to nearly every state in the U.S.  I've driven across the country 7 times.  I can't wait to do it again.

 



And now it's your turn.  I'm bestowing this lovely award to all of you who share the love on this little ol' bloggity blog.  Your comments bring a smile to my face and joy to my day.  This would be absolutely no fun without you.


{ i can't wait to read more about all of you! }



17 notes

  1. T@PoppyPlacePdx on August 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM

    Oh Congrats Kelli on the award, so awesome to read all the fun answers. And also be introduced to another amazing blogger :)

    I don't go far without my camera either!

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on August 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM

    Congrats,darling! Well done...How sweet that you guys went for your honeymoon trip to Disney World...Also I am a huge fan of coffee and potatoes...I could eat them with everything...hahaha

    It had to be amazing to drive across the country! Wow:)
    Very inspiring...

    Kisses,darling
    It was so lovely to read this post

     
  3. Andrea (Panda) on August 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM

    HAHA potatoes are the best!

     
  4. Andrea (Panda) on August 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM

    HAHA potatoes are the best!

     
  5. Stacey on August 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM

    I swear, Kelli G, you're just a sunny personality! First, thanks for the shout out; you're a gem for doing that. Also, i was going to list the Count of Monte Cristo as one of my favorite movies and books, but i was too tired to search for a picture of it. I actually bought the movie some years ago and i've seen it several times. This leads me to your comment about blogging being a community where bonds are formed. I totally agree; each time i come here, i realize how much we are alike than we are not. I love coming here too because there isn't an ounce of pretense about you or your blog. I feel like i'm at the Emmys or something and they're saying to wrap up my long speech...So, i'll stop yapping. Muah to you!

     
  6. Stacey on August 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

    Wow, i just looked at my response and it stretches on forever:-). For real this time, no more yapping...Later:-)

     
  7. Stacey on August 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM

    Wow, i just looked at my response and it stretches on forever:-). For real this time, no more yapping...Later:-)

     
  8. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM

    Um. Hello? Super Troopers is the bomb! And you don't have to be a pot head to enjoy it! It's the only movie I've bothered to download to my iPhone, cuz at any given time, I can turn it on and crack up...no matter what scene it is.

    It's so well written and acted (comedically speaking) that its really sad the writers/cast haven't done more.

    I know they did Slammin' Salmon but none of those previews looked good :(

     
  9. paislea on August 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM

    oooh! congratulations!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  10. Janet Mazorie on August 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

    Congrats on another fun award! Interesting movie choices...Donnie Darko still makes me scratch my head??? And now I have 2 more books to add to my ever growing list. I started Water for Elephants, so we will have to discuss it when I'm done!

     
  11. nevertheless on August 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

    congratulations :) definitely another interesting read for this morning! I was laughing at the 5th thing you listed as not being able to live without - potatoes. I'm the same, even though I'm asian ...I must've been Irish in past life :P I can't get enough of potatoes..

     
  12. C'est La Vie on August 27, 2010 at 4:40 AM

    oh heck i still need to do mine! ok manana, i swear! haha

    ps i couldn't live without my camera either

     
  13. Leia on August 27, 2010 at 5:21 AM

    This was a fun read! I especially love the fact that you've been to nearly every state in the US. I've been to about 30 countries, I think, but never the US :)

    Leia

     
  14. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on August 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM

    SO glad Donnie Darko made your list, I love that movie!

     
  15. k on August 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

    i also loved donny darko! (or maybe it's the leading man ;) )

     
  16. Anonymous on August 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM

    I blog for almost the same reason...I love reading and getting to know creative people who are like me. I wrote something similar in my "about" page....blogging might be narcissistic, but I love the inspiration and getting to know people and sharing. Plus, I have a horrible memory, and I want to remember what I was doing and thinking and making. I'm not a journaler or a scrapbooker, so this is what I do. I'm relatively new, but I'm loving it.

     
  17. Tania on September 1, 2010 at 7:21 AM

    everytime i watch super troopers i think of you and my introduction to that movie. we were on the downtown 9 train and you stood there meowing like a kitten. it was amazing. and i miss you.