I am weirdly ready to welcome September.  Ordinarily I mourn the passing of August, because it means the dreadful rainy season is fast approaching.  But I'm almost happy it's pouring today.  And I'll be glad to pack away all my fans.  Ruh roh....It's happening...I'm turning into a WASHINGTONIAN!  (Next thing you know I'll be wearing shorts and a tank when it hits 55 degrees.)



{ welcome september }




 




 








{ how are you feeling on this last day of August? }




14 notes

  1. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 31, 2010 at 10:44 AM

    tanks and shorts in 55 degrees? You say it like that's odd. I'm wearing a tank today, under my fur-lined vest :p

    I'm ready for fall. I like the mild temps it brings...plus I plan to break out some new rubber rainboots this year!

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on August 31, 2010 at 11:40 AM

    I am totally ready for September..Its raining here all day...but I dont mind:)
    Love the path photo and the stunning tunic:)
    Happy last day of August sweetie
    Kisses

     
  3. Janet Mazorie on August 31, 2010 at 12:10 PM

    Oh I am so ready for Fall! It's 96 degrees here today and I'm totally over it. You sound like my cousins who live in Maine and think that 50 degree weather means hanging out by a swimming pool and getting sun?

     
  4. Andrea (Panda) on August 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM

    i used to wear sandles in the rain all year long! i miss them days. but i am looking forward to september and getting an umbrella (i will have one this year!) and getting a new pair of rain boots...i can also get out my collection of scarfs again!! god knows they didnt make it far.

     
  5. paislea on August 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM

    i cannot believe that august is over. it seems that just yesterday it was the 1st. it's completely crazy! but i am excited for the fall! it's going to be a good one, i can tell!

    i hope you're having a great day!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  6. Anonymous on August 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM

    Nooooo!!!!!! Not another person who is ok with the rain and grey skies!!!!

    I'm originally from Eastern Oregon but have been on the west side of the state for five years now...I still hate it with a burning passion. I do like fall, but the fact that summer has to leave makes me sad. And with the ridiculous-ness that's been "summer" in the pacific northwest, I'm definitely wanting another month of sun and heat.

    I've been in a bit of a funk over the last few days...I finally realized it's because of the grey skies.

    Ugh.

     
  7. k on August 31, 2010 at 3:09 PM

    those big letters are so cool!

     
  8. cabin + cub on August 31, 2010 at 3:30 PM

    I love early fall too.. er, when it is still sunny and dry.
    great treasuries! ;)

     
  9. Emily@VitaNostra on August 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM

    I am SO ready for fall! This summer has been so ridiculously hot. I'm ready for crisp, warm sunny fall days where I can walk outside without melting. Bye-bye August!

     
  10. Stacey on August 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM

    Being a tropical/island girl, i live for the summer. However, this summer has been so hot that i'll lovingly embrace September with its coolness. Love today's treasuries too. xx

     
  11. heather on August 31, 2010 at 9:42 PM

    You crack me up! :) I have a friend from Oregon who now lives in Patagonia, where I pretty much wear my puffy jacket every day. And he seriously wears shorts almost all the time! If you end up doing that, wow, well you are just a rockstar, and maybe a little crazy! :)

     
  12. Oh, My Darling on August 31, 2010 at 9:45 PM

    Whoa, the triangles piece is supercool.

     
  13. Unknown on September 1, 2010 at 5:04 AM

    ur THE best etsy finder!!!!

     
  14. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on September 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM

    So happy August is over, bring on fall!