I don't know if Portland grows amazing artisans, or just collects them, drawing them from other places around the world, but I do know this:  this town is teeming with talent.  

Here's a smattering of awesomesauce, PDX style.



"fish and boat in a bowl wooden automata" by cartoonmonster

I was lucky enough to see these in person at the Urban Craft Uprising show this summer.  They. Are. Amazing.  This is perhaps the most amazing-est one of them all!  Look at those fishies!!!






"rainy bearded city" by tenderlovingempire

So clever.  So creative.  So true.  The hubbers has serious beard-envy living out here in the PNW.






"facebroidery no 11" by cateanevski

She had me at "facebroidery."  Such a cute way to envision a traditional embroidery hoop.





"colorful fishing floats 8x8 photo" by PhotosbyChipperfield

As I'm sure you already know from reading her awesome blog, T is an accomplished nature photographer.  I gravitated towards this beautiful photo for its dazzling array of colors.  I may not know what all those thingys are for, but they look so darn cool!






"rabbit food cookbook" by BethBee

At first glance, I just thought this was an adorably silly little journal.  I mean, who cooks for rabbits?  And then I realized (i.e. READ the description) that it's actually a handy, fully illustrated vegan cookbook!  How cool is that?




{ do you have PDX love? }




19 notes

  1. Unknown on August 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM

    that's some really crazy cool stuff u just posted - thanks for the heads up ma'!

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on August 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM

    That fish and boat piece is so cool.....I am loving the cookbook too:)

    Great finds my dear:)

    Kisses and happy Wed!

     
  3. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM

    luuuurve them all! Especially the cartoonmonster creations. Their booth made me drool at UCU! I should've just gave in and spent more...but...yeah. One day!

     
  4. T@PoppyPlacePdx on August 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM

    Oh Kelli, thank you so much for including my "Fishing Floats" in your lovely blog post :)

    (well, technically they are not mine, but it would be so awesome to have them hanging on my house :)

    Yep, P.Town does have some amazing creatives :)

    Have a lovely Evening, T. :)

     
  5. Stacey on August 18, 2010 at 5:37 PM

    These are all uniquely beautiful. I especially love the colourful fishing floats. Thanks for sharing! xo

     
  6. Oh, My Darling on August 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM

    Facebroidery!?!? How awesome!

     
  7. Amanda on August 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

    Portland does house some amazing artisans! I want to visit just to shop!

    I love cartoonmonsters shop- and have been wanting an automata for a while. They are so cool and one would look perfect in my room :)

     
  8. Lynzy on August 18, 2010 at 9:27 PM

    What talent! i am in love with that lil' cookbook!

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

     
  9. Samy on August 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM

    How adorable! I love that cookbook :D

     
  10. TheFrogBag on August 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM

    Yay for Portland! I hope that it someday collects me! Great finds, by the way... And great looking blog!

     
  11. this free bird on August 19, 2010 at 2:24 AM

    I have mad PDX love. It is a hotbed for creativity...for reals. I lived on a little island in the south Puget Sound and btwn Seattle and Portland could find some of the absolute best treasures.

    xoxo,
    carrie

     
  12. k on August 19, 2010 at 4:04 AM

    this is why i think i would love portland :)

     
  13. heather on August 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM

    Ha! These are all fabulous! Love that shirt and the cookbook! Sounds like you're making the most of where you live. I was there with a friend a couple of years ago to visit some other friends. After that visit I thought... hmm, this could be the next place!

     
  14. Leia on August 20, 2010 at 4:24 AM

    I want the rabbit food cookbook! It looks awesome!

    Leia

     
  15. yourstrulydear on August 20, 2010 at 8:59 AM

    hahaha those are buoys. reminds me of home... ::sigh::

    also, i admit... i don't know what pdx means. i guess i could google it but i'm kind of lazy (shocker).

     
  16. C'est La Vie on August 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM

    oh my gosh, why do i love that shirt SO much?~?

     
  17. amanda on August 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM

    the first time I saw cartoonmonsters work I fell head over heels too! loooove it. haven't seen this one yet, threw that in my hearts buckets!!!

     
  18. My Life Under the Bus on August 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM

    Oh I love "T"'s photos !!! That bowl is pretty awesome too my kids would runn off with it !

     
  19. Anonymous on August 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM

    Does commenting twice in one day make me a stalker? Meh.

    I just found your blog...it's so fun! I live just an hour south of pdx and it's one of my favorite places. The only reason I won't move there is that i can't deal with big city traffic, so I'll just explore and enjoy from afar :)