Last night I went to see The Airborne Toxic Event at the Showbox SODO.


The Airborne Toxic Event @ TRIX




It was an entirely different show than last year (think more mosh pit, less sitting),
but still completely worth the minor hearing loss this morning.




The Airborne Toxic Event @ TRIX




And.  AND.  AND.  I met 3 members of the band!  Yes, I know.  I'm like the uber-nerd. 
But it was lovely, and they were very kind. 




So I wasn't really able to take any photos ( but look at these lovely ones someone else took! ), but I found this video recorded at last year's concert.





And funny story -- you can totally see me in the bottom left hand corner.  Ha!  How random is that?





{ who's your favorite band? }



11 notes

  1. The Captain on June 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM

    i'm sorry...YOU MET THEM!?!?! MUST DISCLOSE FULL DETAILS KPLZTHX

     
  2. Michelle on June 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM

    I love the Airborne Toxic Event too!!! Can't wait for them to swing by my hood. My fav band is a Canadian band Sloan. You might like them... check them out http://www.sloanmusic.com/music I think they were just out West, but if you like the music they are one of the best live bands. FUN times!

    Michelle
    thunderpeepdesigns.com

     
  3. Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ on June 9, 2011 at 8:14 AM

    how fab u got to meet them - go u!

     
  4. Katie on June 9, 2011 at 8:16 AM

    That sounds like so much fun!

     
  5. Diana Mieczan on June 9, 2011 at 8:19 AM

    That is such a great video and so great that you met them:) Happy Thursday, sweetie

     
  6. sherri on June 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

    hmmm. I have too many favorite bands to just list one. Dinosaur Jr., Joy Division, Nina Simone, the strokes, queen, etc. so on and on.

     
  7. Krystal on June 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

    that sounds fuuuuun!! i think my fave right now is mumford and sons. or bon iver

     
  8. Lisa Lisa Lisa on June 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

    Fun! I haven't heard of them, so thanks for sharing. How is the weather on the west side?

     
  9. Stacey on June 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM

    sounds like it was rad!:-)

     
  10. Isabel on June 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

    i dont have a favourite band. im not sure what this says about me but ive been listening to lady gaga for 2 weeks straight :S lol

     
  11. ana on June 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM

    what a wonderful post! :) looks like a fun time. hope your hearing returns.

    & oof, i don't think i could pick a favorite band. maybe lucero to see live - always a fun time with them.