Last night I went to see The Airborne Toxic Event at the Showbox SODO.


The Airborne Toxic Event @ TRIX




It was an entirely different show than last year (think more mosh pit, less sitting),
but still completely worth the minor hearing loss this morning.




The Airborne Toxic Event @ TRIX




And.  AND.  AND.  I met 3 members of the band!  Yes, I know.  I'm like the uber-nerd. 
But it was lovely, and they were very kind. 




So I wasn't really able to take any photos ( but look at these lovely ones someone else took! ), but I found this video recorded at last year's concert.





And funny story -- you can totally see me in the bottom left hand corner.  Ha!  How random is that?





{ who's your favorite band? }



11 notes

  1. The Captain on June 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM

    i'm sorry...YOU MET THEM!?!?! MUST DISCLOSE FULL DETAILS KPLZTHX

     
  2. Unknown on June 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM

    I love the Airborne Toxic Event too!!! Can't wait for them to swing by my hood. My fav band is a Canadian band Sloan. You might like them... check them out http://www.sloanmusic.com/music I think they were just out West, but if you like the music they are one of the best live bands. FUN times!

    Michelle
    thunderpeepdesigns.com

     
  3. Unknown on June 9, 2011 at 8:14 AM

    how fab u got to meet them - go u!

     
  4. Anonymous on June 9, 2011 at 8:16 AM

    That sounds like so much fun!

     
  5. Diana Mieczan on June 9, 2011 at 8:19 AM

    That is such a great video and so great that you met them:) Happy Thursday, sweetie

     
  6. essbesee on June 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

    hmmm. I have too many favorite bands to just list one. Dinosaur Jr., Joy Division, Nina Simone, the strokes, queen, etc. so on and on.

     
  7. k on June 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

    that sounds fuuuuun!! i think my fave right now is mumford and sons. or bon iver

     
  8. Lisa Lisa Lisa on June 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

    Fun! I haven't heard of them, so thanks for sharing. How is the weather on the west side?

     
  9. Stacey on June 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM

    sounds like it was rad!:-)

     
  10. Isabel on June 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

    i dont have a favourite band. im not sure what this says about me but ive been listening to lady gaga for 2 weeks straight :S lol

     
  11. ana on June 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM

    what a wonderful post! :) looks like a fun time. hope your hearing returns.

    & oof, i don't think i could pick a favorite band. maybe lucero to see live - always a fun time with them.