On Saturday the hubbers and I headed to Town Hall in Seattle to see The Airborne Toxic Event.  It was pouring rain as we waited outside for the show to begin, but I said it once and I'll say it again:
Worth. It.



View from the second row!



 Mikel phoning Noah (the MIA bass player) from the stage. 
"Seattle is calling you.  Everyone's waiting.  No, I can't talk now...So. How's your mother?...."




The triumphant arrival of Noah. 
Slappin' da bass.




The tiny venue was awesome.  We guesstimated there were like 200ish people.




"Let's pretend this is a rock show!"


I can't pretend to know a lot about music, but if you ever have the opportunity to go see this band - DO IT.  They put on a spectacular show (Johnny Cash covers, say wha!), and it's apparent they still love what they do. 


All in all:
best. show. ever.


{ what was your favorite concert? }



psssssst! - don't forget to enter my giveaway! (just a few more days!)






18 notes

  1. My Life Under the Bus on September 20, 2010 at 6:46 AM

    That looks like an awesome weekend. I am sooooo old I can't remember the last concert I went to but the band that sang at our wedding had the lead singer leave and do back up for Meatloaf! She was amazing ! Does that count ?? How about Lori Berkner with the kids ??? LOL Happy Monday !

     
  2. yourstrulydear on September 20, 2010 at 6:48 AM

    aww, so fun!! i havent heard of them, i'll have to look it up! one of my favorite shows i went to was the faint. somehow our idiotic venue in slc sold too many tickets and the fire marshall showed up and about half of us ticket-holding fans were left outside. we were PISSED! but the faint is so awesome they said they would play 2 shows. my friend and i were right in the front of the line for the 2nd show, so we waited and waited and finally got to go in and they played their entire set all over again. and we were front and center. it was amazing!!

     
  3. Unknown on September 20, 2010 at 7:43 AM

    i'm not a concert junkie at all :o( .. looks like LOTS of fun!!!!

     
  4. Andrea (Panda) on September 20, 2010 at 8:51 AM

    OOh that place looks really nice! glad you guys had a good time!!

     
  5. Diana Mieczan on September 20, 2010 at 9:12 AM

    That sounds really fun and if I ever have a chance I will make sure to listen to them:)...Glad you had fun,darling
    Wish you a fantastic beginning of the week:)
    Hugs

     
  6. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on September 20, 2010 at 9:34 AM

    YAY! I know you've been waiting for this one! So glad you had fun!

    I used to be a concert junkie -- 3 to 5 shows a week! Ahh my poor ears. My favorites kind of depend on my mood at the time. Some of the best shows were Damien Rice, Jason Mraz (the old days) and Muse (amazing!). As far as "entertainment value" definitely Electric Six. Those guys are hilarious.

     
  7. cb on September 20, 2010 at 12:11 PM

    the pictures look amazing! i love going to see live music and who doesn't love the stand up bass!

    xo,
    cb

     
  8. C'est La Vie on September 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM

    oh this is awesome! how fun!

     
  9. ana on September 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM

    this looks like sooo much fun. i love me some stand up bass :D

     
  10. heather on September 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM

    Wow! This show looks amazing! I'm going to see if I can check out their music now. I'm hopelessly behind in the ole music sector!

    Ooh, and thanks for the cat eye tips!
    Happy week to you!
    xoxo

     
  11. yourstrulydear on September 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM

    haha yeah so i work for the forest service, but only until next week. it's a seasonal job and it ends the last day of september. booo. therefore i = unemployed. double boo.

     
  12. Janet Mazorie on September 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM

    I love going to see live music...this one looked like ti was a good time. I don't know if I could pick a favorite...Coldplay at MSG (I won these amazing tickets), James Taylor (my first concert ever), and Dave Matthews Band (because I was 16 and that's when you get into all the good kind-of-trouble!).

     
  13. Stacey on September 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

    Wow! Looks like it was "off the chain"(i've been using that phrase a lot lately:-)). Love the pics too! xx

     
  14. its simple love on September 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM

    I love this! SO jealous of your adventures! I adore concerts. Not sure what my favorite one is. I have too many!

    Rachael

    p.s. Come join in my Lil Petite Jewelry Giveaway when you get the chance :)

     
  15. Unknown on September 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM

    Gotta love Seattle's music right?! :-) Sounds and looks like fun! Hmmm last concert was Goo Goo Dolls . . . but the best was one of my first dates with my now hubby . . . Josh Groban. Love!

     
  16. paislea on September 21, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    this looks like you had so much fun!!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  17. Lisa Lisa Lisa on September 21, 2010 at 12:12 PM

    This looks like such a great venue! I've never heard of them, but I am always looking for new music. Thanks for sharing!

     
  18. Elle Sees on September 21, 2010 at 3:29 PM

    so glad they didn't disappoint! cant wait to hear them