Hi y'all! This is Tsuki from LittleGrayFox. I'm stopping by to do a super sneaky guest post for the lovely Miss Kelli! Since she usually posts a "Photo Friday", I decided to stay with her bloggy plans and post my own photo Friday for you guys. But first, I wanted to give you a quick tip for finding great photos!

I love to use Flickr! Their advanced search options are great and it is full of many talented folks! Plus, you always know whether or not those folks want you "snagging" their stuff! Here are some quick steps you can take to ensure that you won't be accused of stealing pics!

Step 1 - Go to www.flickr.com and click on their "search" button 

Step 2 - choose "Advanced Search"


Step 3 - scroll down until you find the "creative commons" section and check the box to "only search Creative Commons content"


Step 4 -  enter your keyword and hit search

Step 5 - once the search results pop up, click on "interesting" to find the top photos under that keyword


Step 6 - find the photo you want and be sure to give credit to the photog!

I hope that helped some of you out a bit :) Now on to the pics! These are all photos of things I think of when I think of summer! It's going to be a gorgeous weekend, here in Seattle -- FINALLY! So I'm in the mood for some heat!.....and.....

Popsicles!

{via}


Swimming!

{via}
Watermelon!


{via}

and gorgeous sunsets!
{via}


What comes to your mind when you think of summer?

7 notes

  1. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on June 3, 2011 at 9:47 AM

    p.s. to find out more about creative commons licensing, check out their website: http://creativecommons.org/

    there, you can find out what each symbol means so you know exactly how you're allowed to use it :)

    -Tsuki

     
  2. Rachel J on June 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM

    This is a great tutorial, Tsuki! It's a pet peeve of mine when pictures get copy-pasted without a link to the original owner.

     
  3. ana on June 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM

    this is wonderful! not many people are so considerate. :) thanks for putting this together.

     
  4. Amanda on June 4, 2011 at 6:23 AM

    Whoa- this is super helpful! Thank you!!
    When I think summer, I think bike rides and campfires :)

     
  5. My Life Under the Bus on June 4, 2011 at 10:48 AM

    Sweet! Great post and I really miss my Boston - what a cutie!

     
  6. keishua on June 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    Love the tutorial. I really would like to use flickr more. Right now, I rarely use it. I love berries and homemade pickles in the summer.

     
  7. T@PoppyPlacePdx on June 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM

    So much fun, definitely swimming and lying by the pool drinking Pina coladas :)

    Hope Kelli is having a wonderful trip.

    10 years congrats my dear, :) T.