I'd like to try something new.



I made this treasury today.


I'm really digging this color palette, and I want to make an outfit inspired by it.


Pastels/muted colors are not ordinarily my friend.  But I'm longing to try something new, and I'm not really sure what to do.



So here's where you come in.
Link me a piece of clothing, accessory, shoe (whatevs) in the comments section, that you think picks up the vibe of this treasury.  I'll come back later on, and build an outfit.



I need your help, friends!



{ will you help me out?}





15 notes

  1. Tania on January 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    should these items be something you can purchase?

     
  2. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on January 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM

    doesn't have to be something to purchase (just hopefully something i can clip to Polyvore. :P).

    i am looking for inspiration, my dears. and we all know inspiration comes in many forms. :)

     
  3. Lauren on January 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM

    this is a beautiful color pallette, that never ever would have occurred to me, lol!

     
  4. T@PoppyPlacePdx on January 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM

    Very Cute Kelli.

    Here is a treasury I saw this morning that is so cute but it might not be quite in the colour palette you want?!?! (But lots of inspiration :)

    http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d30935895738eefc47200d4/stop-youre-making-me-blush

    Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

     
  5. paislea on January 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM

    i love the orange little flower! it's so cute!

    allister bee blog

     
  6. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on January 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM

    I'm not so great at this..but does this work?
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-olive-ruffled-leather-jacket/3151241

     
  7. Jamie-Lee Burns on January 14, 2011 at 6:29 PM

    I like that you want to try something new - I sorta find that over time you naturally end up gravitating to certain colours and looks - for me it's lots of neutrals like in this palette :)

     
  8. Anonymous on January 14, 2011 at 10:03 PM

    Aaaaand all their photos are better than mine... *sigh* I had hoped to be able to avoid the "Obvious Newb" chic for my store, but c'est la vie...

    I like the vibe you have going on with the Treasury. It's got this romantic, ladylike vintage thing going on.

    Funny thing about the outfit building...because you've been awarded The Stylish Blogger Award and The Versatile Blogger Award.

    Woo hoo! Start doing the Happy Dance! Dance, I say!

    Stop by and grab your buttons!

    ~M

     
  9. Diana Mieczan on January 15, 2011 at 4:49 AM

    That magnolia blouse is just incredibly beautiful:) Have a fantastic weekend, darling
    Kisses

     
  10. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on January 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM

    Hmm I'll have to think about it... I'll come back.

     
  11. the runaway romantique on January 15, 2011 at 5:03 PM

    I love your treasury! The blossom bowl is adorable :) I don't have anything to link at the moment but when I spot something that suits this palette I'll comment it for you!

    - the runaway

     
  12. Stacey on January 16, 2011 at 8:56 AM

    i don't have anything to link just yet(but i'll be on the lookout). beautful colour palette! hope you're having a relaxing sunday! XX

     
  13. Cat on January 17, 2011 at 5:22 AM

    Love these colors! I saw this watch on ModCloth the other day...a great way to add some pastels to your wardrobe a bit more subtly if you not ready to take a pastel plunge :)...

    http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/What+Color+Is+It+Watch+in+Pastel+Prism

     
  14. The Captain on January 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM

    http://tinyurl.com/69me5lj

    http://tinyurl.com/5vrpjqr

    BAMF

     
  15. BonBon Rose Girls Kristin on January 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM

    How about this lovely tulle skirt? http://www.shopbop.com/olga-tulle-skirt-club-monaco/vp/v=1/845524441887359.htm?folderID=2534374302084993&extid=affprg