Just some lovely things that are making me happy today.



"ruffle necklace in peach." by prettythingsbymeg

 I gush over this pretty little necklace.  The color, the effervescence of it all - it just works for me.  Plus, this shop is based in my hometown!  And that makes me happy. It's a small, small world.






"Vintage Russian mechanical alarm clock Slava from Soviet Union era NEVER USED" by ClockworkUniverse

I am always overwhelmed and impressed by the wide variety of timepieces this shop has to offer.  But today, this is by far my favorite one.






"French Macaroon Overdose Ring in polymer clay" by DIVINEsweetness

This is a ring.  And those tiny macaroons are sculpted from clay.  Each is about the size of a fingertip.  What. The. Heck.  You know I love a good kooky ring, and this one is crazy impressive!






"1970s Vintage Suede Cinnamon Pumps Sz 6" by starletvintage

I. Am. In love. 
And they are my size. 
And they live just up the coast from me. 
Crap.



"World Traveler 190-200 yards Hand Painted Yarn, Lovely springy merino sportweight" by atomicblue

I love, love, lovelovelove these colors together.  I think a few years ago, H&M briefly had a collection made entirely from a similar color palette.  It took all my willpower not buy every single piece.  But you, pretty yarn, you are much more affordable....




{ what's making you smile today? }



Psssssst! - Thank you so much for your votes!  There's still a little time left...




16 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on January 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM

    Cheese and wine is making me smile today and I would love to get that ruffle necklace..Its so sweet
    Happy Wednesday,sweetie
    Kisses

     
  2. cb on January 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM

    voted for you!

    i LOVE and so want that clock but i fear since i am so used to my digital clock that i would never wake up on time..but it is so perfect and would look great next to my white ceramic lamp :)

    thanks for the compliment on my hat but sadly we aren't doing the shop anymore :( i have been really upset about it and haven't wanted to talk about it really but we are still going to sell bikes online via craigslist just filling out resale paperwork so we can purchase things at wholesale cost! and once i get better at making hats i am going to sell them to local shops and then eventually we will have a fancy website where i can sell them online too! etsy is just to cluttered...sorry for the long blurb!

    xo,
    cb

     
  3. paislea on January 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM

    i LOVe that clock. i have a huge thing for clocks. at my parents house, my mom has a whole room dedicated to clocks. big clocks, little clocks, wall clocks, standing clocks...i LOVe them!!

    allister bee blog

     
  4. Almost Precious on January 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    A truly lovely array of beautiful items. The alarm clock is amazing and love the finish on it but my favorite are the shoes, my heart is still pitter pattering over those. :)

    Since my kitchen is in shambles (I'll be blogging about that soon enough) the thing that would make me really smile today would be going out for dinner or even take home carry out. :D

     
  5. Anonymous on January 12, 2011 at 12:48 PM

    Love that necklace!

     
  6. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on January 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

    very cute necklace. I've been shopping around like crazy trying to figure out what kind of necklace I wanna buy. I really need to look at my closet to see what will work. the last one i got just doesn't fit with anything i own...i suppose i could just buy new shirts! haha

     
  7. its simple love on January 12, 2011 at 12:57 PM

    Oh how lovely! Those shoes are fabulous. Get them! If they were my size I would have to :) Flip that 6 upside down and you've got my size...

    Rachael

     
  8. Janet Mazorie on January 12, 2011 at 1:16 PM

    These things make me happy too! Love all of the colors in that gorgeous yarn and the macaroons look heavenly...awesome finds today!

     
  9. My Life Under the Bus on January 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM

    Oh those shoes are too cute! I am laughing at one of my twins who decicded to shave off one eyebrow and tell me it "fell off"......yeah I MIGHT buy that....LOL!

     
  10. k on January 12, 2011 at 1:56 PM

    the alarm clock!!!!!!!

     
  11. Lauren on January 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM

    i want the clock!!!!

     
  12. Stacey on January 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM

    love the ruffle necklace and the clock! Happy Wednesday:-)

     
  13. T@PoppyPlacePdx on January 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM

    Can I just say that I think you have wonderful taste :) T.

     
  14. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on January 13, 2011 at 9:05 AM

    That necklace is SO pretty!

     
  15. Amanda on January 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM

    Oh - those shoes are lovely! Love them!

     
  16. yourstrulydear on January 18, 2011 at 7:20 PM

    i hope you bought those shoes!!! if you didn't i might e-slap you!