Ok.  It's time to get serious about organization.
Srsly.



"2011 - Bird and Bloke Calendar - 5x7" by birdandbloke

Even though my job requires me to know the date, that still doesn't mean I don't walk around a fair amount of the time utterly clueless (except, ahem, when I'm actually doing my job. I swear.) 
I feel like I need a calendar for my:
work desk
home desk
kitchen
bathroom (seriously. i'm considering this.)

Think of all the amazing calendars I can buy! Weeee!







"Vintage Industrial Storage Bin Aqua Metal Stackable" by bluebonnetfields

I love the look of these small drawery type things.  Plus, I'm pretty sure I could mount them on the wall...






"Vintage Retro Chips Large Glass Storage Jar" by rhan

Did chips ever come in glass jars?  And why don't they still??  I've saved lots of pickle jars and make good use of them on my shelves.  I love this large one.  It's unusual, silly and begging to be filled with something really odd. 






"Wood Organizational Box by Rolling Hills Vintage on Etsy" by RollingHillsVintage

I am unforgivably bad at remembering birthdays.  I mark them on my calendar (when I remember to use it) but somehow they seem to slip through my mental cracks.  But how fun would it be to crack open this box, flip through, and check out what lies in the month ahead?  I dunno,  Maybe I need to use novetly fun as motivation to suck less.  (Plus you need to read the listing.  The first line is pure gold.)





"Industrial Metal Card Catalog" by Hindsvik

(drool drool drool)  Dear card catalog: I want you.
Anyone know of any libraries shutting down/clearing out old stuffs?
Please and thanks.




{ what are your organization solutions? i'd love to hear them!}



11 notes

  1. paislea on January 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

    i NEED that calendar AND that storage bin! they're both so amazing!!

    thanks for the great finds darling!

    allister bee blog

     
  2. cb on January 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM

    thanks for the super sweet comment! there are a couple of calenders i have had my eye on but then i thought i could make one...yay have no time for that so will be deciding soon on one :) i also need to figure out better ways to organize my craft stuff although the mister found me a really awesome picnic basket that i have put all my sewing stuff in and i love it!

    xo,
    cb

     
  3. this free bird on January 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

    Girl you're ahead of me...half the time I can't recall the date. Maybe if I got the vintage aqua holder thingy...okay now there's an excuse and a half!

    xo,
    C

     
  4. Diana Mieczan on January 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM

    I love to organize my stuff and I use Ikea folders and sweet boxes for it..The wood box is so cool:) Kisses,sweetie
    Happy Wednesday

     
  5. Janet Mazorie on January 5, 2011 at 3:51 PM

    I love that colorful-rustic storage bin. I can never remember what day it is but I blame that on my job...no set schedule so everyday feels like the last. An organization resolution would have been a good idea this year!

     
  6. Sandy a la Mode on January 5, 2011 at 5:28 PM

    oh i totally think a calendar in every location would help me too!! i am currently looking for a cute one for work!!

     
  7. yourstrulydear on January 5, 2011 at 6:47 PM

    hmm...a calendar in the bathroom... considering magazines aren't allowed in my bathroom i dont think a calendar would go over well. haha.

    i LOVE all of these things, especially those blue industrial bins. i love drawers and boxes and organizational stuff. i just need to follow through and actually organize my organizational stuff...

     
  8. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on January 5, 2011 at 7:35 PM

    Fo shizzo, Rizzo! You do NOT need to be wondering what date it is. I don't want to need to have a talk with you! ;)

    My best organizational tool is my trash bin. Both on my real desk and my computer desktop. Cleans it right up!

    seriously though. I need to pay someone to come and organize my craft space. its a heaping mess!!

     
  9. Stacey on January 6, 2011 at 4:01 AM

    These are all awesome ideas. I love the wood box and the industrial card organizer! XX

     
  10. k on January 6, 2011 at 5:27 AM

    kelli i missed you!!!!!!!!!! i hope you had an amazing holiday - i'm excited to be back and be connected again!

     
  11. Amanda on January 6, 2011 at 7:34 PM

    I really want that card catalog!! Really trying to get organized this year too :)