The first day of spring turned out to be the perfect time to head back out into nature.
And it didn't even rain!




Federation Forest State Park runs along the White River - only about 20 miles east of our home.




 
 

Beautiful rocky shoreline runs right up to the mossy, dense forest.







Geology nerd alert!







What do you suppose this is all about?







Nature humor.




{ how was your first day of spring  (or fall) ? }



19 notes

  1. Maddy on March 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM

    I love state parks and this one sure looks like a winner... how pretty! I spent my first day of spring inside! What a bum I am. But we went to the beach the day before :)

     
  2. Anonymous on March 21, 2011 at 8:32 AM

    Beautiful pics!

     
  3. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on March 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM

    haha the beard is awesome! we did the same thing! we found a great little hiking spot.

     
  4. Sandy a la Mode on March 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM

    hahhha i LOVE the nature humor pic!!

     
  5. Victoria on March 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM

    Those pictures are wonderful! I can almost smell the forest. :) It looks like a lovely spot!

     
  6. BonBon Rose Girls Kristin on March 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM

    That last pic is awesome! My first day of spring was spent watching le toddler splash around in his kiddie pool!

     
  7. Dita Maulani on March 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM

    Stunning pictures! I love the first one and those rocks picture. Back to nature is always amazing. You can get lots more inspiration once you're out and being close to nature itself.

    It rains almost everyday in my town but still, i love the skies after it rained all day. Sometime I could see the rainbow in the morning!

    Dita

     
  8. Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture on March 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM

    Ogorgeous! Makes me really miss Portland this time of year when the evergreens invade the city with lush look and fresh air! Although sunny SoCal isn't too shabby either ;D

    Great shots, thanks for sharing!
    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

     
  9. this free bird on March 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM

    gorgeous pictures - you lucky girl. it rained and hailed at my house...and the heat was out!!

    xo,
    carrie

     
  10. Amanda on March 21, 2011 at 5:04 PM

    Lucky girl in the PNW! Beautiful pics =D Love the last one - lol!

     
  11. ana on March 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM

    lovely! that moss-beard photo had me giggling. :D

     
  12. Unknown on March 21, 2011 at 7:48 PM

    I took a walk along the beach, though it was windy and rainy. Oh well, still nice to be outside! Your forest looks lovely.

     
  13. Anonymous on March 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM

    Ok I'm rather jealous now. Those photos are gorgeous.

     
  14. Lisa Lisa Lisa on March 21, 2011 at 10:57 PM

    SOOOO cute!!! I love the mossy beard.

     
  15. Holly Knitlightly on March 22, 2011 at 1:13 PM

    Gahahaha that last photo is hilarious.

    Mind if I come visit? I want to go out West sooooooooooo badly!

     
  16. yourstrulydear on March 22, 2011 at 7:33 PM

    omg i love it!! it looks beautiful, and the last picture is amazing. jealous!

     
  17. Janet Mazorie on March 26, 2011 at 8:37 AM

    Wow, the pictures are beautiful. I love the shades of green, blue, and brown...I want to come visit too!

     
  18. cb on March 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM

    love that moss beard! a great way to spend a spring day!

    xo,
    cb

     
  19. nevertheless on March 30, 2011 at 7:52 PM

    beautiful photos ... LOL at the beard