What a strange thing to wake up to.



A tsunami advisory for the entire coastline.
Stay safe, all you beach dwelling folks.


My heart goes out to the people of Japan, as they recover from this devastating event.





{ what are you thankful for this Friday? }
i'm quite glad to live inland today.




Psssssst! - for more photo friday, go here.



12 notes

  1. Daniela on March 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM

    I'm thankful for my LIFE! Because lately it seems that you really have no control over what could happen to you, at any time...

     
  2. k on March 11, 2011 at 7:20 AM

    well said daniela! same here. scary world. you never know what you will wake up to.

     
  3. Anonymous on March 11, 2011 at 8:50 AM

    Stay safe!

     
  4. cb on March 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM

    i know so crazy! i heard it on npr this morning! there are a couple of people here that have family in japan and they are all okay. my hear goes out to everyone in japan and hawaii such a horrible thing to have happened!

    xo,
    cb

     
  5. ana on March 11, 2011 at 11:58 AM

    i have two friends in japan, my heart sank when i saw the news this morning. i am very happy to say they are okay, but the devastation makes me so sad. :T stay safe fo sho.

    stunning photo btw.

     
  6. Isabel on March 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM

    the video footage is insane! i cant even imagine the terror if u lived there

     
  7. Diana on March 11, 2011 at 12:31 PM

    Yes, it's crazy! I woke up to news of the earthquake too (my boyfriend literally woke me up to tell me). What a crazy world.

     
  8. Amanda on March 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM

    Such terrible news to wake to :( Whenever I hear news like this I am so thankful for everything I have!

     
  9. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on March 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM

    LOVE that pic! I'm thankful I no longer live in hawaii. That would've been so scary to watch the waters recede

     
  10. Diana Mieczan on March 12, 2011 at 5:55 AM

    So well said, darling. I have a dear friend in Tokyo so yesterday morning I was trying to get in touch with her and lucky she is ok. Im so thankful for that! Happy weekend, darling

     
  11. My Life Under the Bus on March 12, 2011 at 7:19 AM

    XO , my Dad is in San Diego so I freaked too! Stay safe

     
  12. T@PoppyPlacePdx on March 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM

    We blogged about the same thing again :)

    But this time it is really sad, I hope the planet comes tog. to help Japan :)

    Have a safe weekend, T :)