An explanation for my blogosphere absence:



...we went to Chicago for the weekend!






We attended the lovely wedding of a very dear, old friend. I just adore the colors the bride picked out -- a deep teal, and a sunny yellow!















It was a beautiful occasion, and we are so happy for the both of them. 












We got our groove on....

















...and then had a lovely stroll around the city.
















Millenium Park had a lot of cool things I'd never seen before. My favorites were the 'Crown Fountain' by Jaume Plensa (above).....
















.....and the 'bean' sculpture by Anish Kapoor. (No one calls it by it's real name, 'Cloud Gate.' It's just referred to as 'the bean.')











I call this one 'self portrait.'


{ to the happy couple! }





13 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on May 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM

    Ohhh so fun!!!! I wish I was in Chicago too:) I adore the city, my best friend lives there. Your photos are so beautiful and I am so happy you had a fun time:)
    Kisses, sweetie

     
  2. Hali on May 17, 2010 at 10:46 AM

    I love weddings.. they seem so fun excieting and pretty pretty pretty

     
  3. M.M.E. on May 17, 2010 at 10:52 AM

    I love the Cloud Gate. Chicago is such a fun place!

     
  4. Janet Mazorie on May 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM

    It looks like you guys had a great time. Those last 2 pictures are awesome!

     
  5. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on May 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM

    it WAS a lot of fun! and nice to be back in the midwest for a little while. :)

     
  6. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on May 17, 2010 at 6:31 PM

    aww looks like a lot of fun! and gorgeous weather! :) but glad to have you back :)

     
  7. amanda on May 17, 2010 at 8:03 PM

    Aw! I live in about 30 min away from Chicago! How awesome! So glad to hear you liked it here. Hopefully you came when the weather was better, it's been a little stinky and chilly lately.

    Oh, and the bridesmaids dresses are VERY pretty!

     
  8. belinda marshall on May 17, 2010 at 11:53 PM

    this looks like fun. lovely to see some pictures of a city i've never been to!
    thanks for your comment on my blog :)

     
  9. Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries on May 18, 2010 at 4:44 AM

    ah... I just adore weddings!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

     
  10. Unknown on May 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM

    too funny - one of my friends flew out to Chicago for a wedding this past weekend and has pictures of that mirror ball thing too! - i love how u showed ur trip!

    Hugs
    Erika
    http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

     
  11. Unknown on May 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM

    ps - i thought i was a follower before - but apparently not - so i made sure to join NOW .. *phew* .. LOVE LOVE LOVE if you could post my button in ur "homies" section :o)

    Hugs
    Erika
    http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

     
  12. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on May 18, 2010 at 10:51 AM

    the world is truly a small place. :)

    i guess it's that time of year...wedding season!

    thanks for the follow, homie. ;)

     
  13. cabin + cub on May 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM

    how fun! i would love to visit chicago one day.. it is on my list of one of my top US cities to visit! ;)