Panda and I went to the movies on Sunday, to see Black Swan.


 
How cool and art deco-y is this poster?


I'm not going to spoil this movie for you, as I really recommend going to see it.  It's dark, at times disturbing, and intensely gripping.  The way the story builds and pulls you in reminds me of the well-crafted psychological thrillers of days gone by (think Rosemary's Baby.)






And it's beautiful.  Immersing us in the dance world, the film is heavily doused in whites, blacks and baby pinks.  The story takes place largely on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, a place where I've spent a great deal of time.  Could this story have been playing out while I studied and goofed off across the street?  Definitely added to the creepy factor for me.  


If you're a fan of dark thrillers, I absolutely recommend seeing this.


{ seen any good movies lately? }


P.S. veery interesting wikipedia....


13 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on December 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on December 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM

    I really want to see the movie..Hope we will have a chance this week. Tonight Balazs and I are going to watch Life as we know it!...Should be fun:)
    Happy Monday, darling

    Ps: I am hosting a beautiful home decor GIVEAWAY today, just in time for Christmas!

     
  3. cb on December 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM

    i have heard great things about it! i plan on going to see it with the mister! we have seen his other movies and they have all been great!

    xo,
    cb

     
  4. Anonymous on December 13, 2010 at 12:38 PM

    I have been looking forward to this movie since I heard the premise. I'm thrilled that it seems to be as good as I thought it'd be. Not sure when I'll get to see it, but I'm hoping soon.

     
  5. Isabel on December 13, 2010 at 12:53 PM

    i want to see this movie!

     
  6. yourstrulydear on December 13, 2010 at 7:43 PM

    we are just waiting for this to come to our theaters!!!! eep! also, maybe you should consider writing a guest review on our movie blog. just sayin... you're pretty skilled, yo

     
  7. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on December 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM

    i want to see it! I'm sure i'll wait for dvd since i don't really care for theaters (bad viewing experience)

    we just watched inception last night. that was intense! i loved it!

     
  8. k on December 14, 2010 at 8:24 AM

    I soooo can't wait to see this movie!!!

     
  9. T@PoppyPlacePdx on December 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM

    I am so excited to see this movie. I love Natalie Portman. :)

    I saw "Inception" the other evening, I was really impressed. :)

    ANd last week, I FINALLY got around to seeing "Earth" amazing and a little sad, if we think about what we could lose :)

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

     
  10. ana on December 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM

    i really want to see this movie. i am waiting until i am home with my sister to see it :) i remember being really young in beginner classes and seeing all the 'grown up girls' in ballet classes with their insane stretching and not so great looking feet. something about them has always captivated me. oop. and i totally love dark thrillers! :D

     
  11. STEENIE on December 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM

    I LOVE Natalie Portman!

     
  12. My Life Under the Bus on December 14, 2010 at 8:22 PM

    I am dying to see this movie - and I love Rosemarys Baby - it still is one of the creepiest movies around with out really showing any gore.

     
  13. Oh, My Darling on December 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM

    Totally want to see this!!! The hype around it has been epic!