I've never been much for New Year's resolutions.  I guess I don't enjoy setting myself up for failure. 
But this year there are a few things I'm trying very hard to focus on, once the cookies chaos of the holidays is over.



"Rushmore New Year Resolution" by uluckygirl

I will probably never host a New Year's party, but if I do, these invites are the ones!





Focus on happy.

"SO VERY HAPPY (red)" by dazeychic

It's all about the little things.  I really need to come back to that philosophy. 
 Plus, great excuse to buy this sweet poster, amirite?






Focus on the time I have, not the time I wish I had.

"2011 desk calendar with maple base - original fine art photography - in stock, ready to ship" by shannonpix

Time to stop playing the "well, if" game.  ("Well, if it weren't raining, I'd be taking shop photos." "Well, if traffic wasn't a B, I'd feel like cooking dinner."  You get the picture.)
Speaking of pictures, you really must click the link above to see the gloriously happy photos in this calendar.  Love!






Focus on organization.  (Really.  It's just pathetic at this point.)

"VIntage Mid-Century Turquoise LARGE Steel Drawer Cabinet" by Brooklynretro

I am very lucky to have a room to devote to my crafty shenanigans.  And it. Is. A disaster.  I can't quite seem to tame all the stuff that's ended up in there.  And it's unforgivabley wasteful.  So yeah, that ends soon.  Plus, I can score some new awesome organizables.  Yesssss!





Focus on food (good ones).

"Three Utensils - Print (A4)" by birdbird

I'm pretty ashamed of the kinds of foods I've ingested lately.  Over the last year, it's been a steady, downhill slide, and cooking has completely fallen to the wayside.  It's pretty silly to have large kitchen, and not cook in it, isn't it? 



Anyway, that's where I am for my New Year's attitude.  Time to get to work!



{ what's are you focusing on for the New Year? }




12 notes

  1. T@PoppyPlacePdx on December 22, 2010 at 8:48 AM

    Oh these are so great Kelli :)

    I think it is good to have goals that are attainable :) We do set ourselves up for failure don't we!!??

    I see a lot of changes for me in 2011 but of course the obvious res. is the old boring one of losing weight and getting my a.. in shape. (But after the Holidays of course He! He!)

    Have a lovely Day, T. :)

     
  2. cabin + cub on December 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM

    Great finds.. and goals too! I really have to get organized... and I think I am really liking those blue drawers... hmmm... i think my resolution list might also end up being a wish/want list! ;)

     
  3. cb on December 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM

    yea i never do a new years resolution but this year, i was inspired by elise at a beautiful mess and i am writing up a list of things i want to do before the year is over. i can't wait to share it with you all!

    i really like "well if" that is so so true, i need to stop doing that and just do what i want no matter what!!

    cheers to a bright happier and more productive 2011!!

    i hope you have a fabulous time ringing in the new year!

    xo,
    cb

     
  4. Isabel on December 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM

    i love the "ill be happier than a bird with a french fry" LOL

     
  5. Diana Mieczan on December 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM

    That happy print is perfect! I so have to get it:) I have a few goals for the new year and Im ready to go for it:) Hugs and kisses, darling

     
  6. Lauren on December 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM

    I love those invitations!

    I don't think I'm doing new year's resolutions.

     
  7. Lisa Lisa Lisa on December 22, 2010 at 6:58 PM

    Good luck with your resolutions! I am definitely making some this year. It is time to look to the future!

     
  8. Anonymous on December 23, 2010 at 6:38 AM

    Great resolutions :)

     
  9. My Life Under the Bus on December 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM

    Oh that little bird is just too cute!!! Have a happy and safe Christmas Kelli!!! XO, Patty

     
  10. Anonymous on December 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM

    Here's to organizing the crafting goods!! They have a (messy) life of their own, I swear. My supplies require wrestling and cattle prods to get them all squared away...

    I usually don't do resolutions, since I try to set goals throughout the year. However, New Year's IS the best time to finally grab a hold of your life and start eating better now the holidays are over. It never fails, you can be good all year long and then there's about 5-6 weeks (starting around Thanksgiving in the US) where people just start throwing candy and tasty tasty food bits at you. Hmm, looks like I will be joining you in the healthy cooking adventure, once all the holiday sweets are gone, of course. lol

    Have a very happy holiday, my dear.

    ~M

     
  11. yourstrulydear on January 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM

    dude, i cant remember the last time i cooked a meal. it's pathetic. anyways, very good list. i'm not so great at new years resolutions, but list year i just want to rock at my new job and save money.

     
  12. ana on January 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM

    Wonderful resolutions. I think yours are very feasible :) and I love that desk calendar.