I need some Christmas spirit, dammit. 

Maybe it's because we can't put ornaments on our tree this year, or the parade of humbugs and grinches that fill my days, but I've somehow lost my jolly way.

 No worries.  I'll just have to make a selection from my guarenteed, sure-fire, Christmas-spirit inducing movie picks.....



1. ElfSeriously?  Do I need to extoll the virtues of this instant Christmas classic?
"Watch out! The yellow ones don't stop!"
Mutiple viewings required.

    2. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    If that image doesn't stir your curiousity, then well, I'm afraid there's no hope for you, my friend.
     
    3. Just Friends
    I. Love. Ana Farris. This might be the funniest and most ludicrous role she's played, but dang nabit, she totally steals the picture. (Yes, even from Ryan "Ab-y McAbsalot" Reynolds.)
     
    4. Home the for Holidays
    This is really a Thanksgiving movie, but if you failed and forgot to watch it this year, it will do the trick.  Wtty, painfully accurate and a smidge poignant. Plus, a young Robert Downey Jr?  Win.
     
    5. Home Alone
    Already seen it once, plan to watch it again.  The classics never die.
    6. Love, Actually
    I don't know why British accents always make me think "Christmas!" but they do. 
     
    7. Sleepless in Seattle
    Come to think of it, a bunch of Meg Ryan movies make me feel all Christmas-y inside (weird) but this one the most.  I love the Carly Simon version of "In the wee small hours" from this scene.
     
    8. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    This is my neighbor's house!  In fact, I have no idea how that alone hasn't put me in the right frame of mind.  My favorite part is the squirrel in the Christmas tree.
    9. About A Boy
    See?  Another London-set movie.  Weird.  I think this mostly does it for me because of the strange little, made up Christmas song.  Which gets stuck in my head...
    10.  Die Hard
    How did I not know this shirt existed til now???  This would have been a superb gift for the hubbers.  Sigh.  This is a tradition carried over from his family, so now every year we see it on Christmas Day. (Never mind I had never actually SEEN Die Hard until Christmas 2008.  Don't judge me.)


Whew.  I feel better already.


{ what's your favorite holiday movie? }


Pssst! Sorry for the freaking HORRIBLE formatting.  I'm about to go all murdery on blogger.
(I hate you. I know you're listening...)


10 notes

  1. Anonymous on December 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM

    What??!? No "Nightmare Before Christmas"!?

    "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is an AWESOME movie.

     
  2. Diana Mieczan on December 16, 2010 at 10:51 AM

    I just watched Love, Actually last weekend and Im totally loving that movie.. Have a lovely day
    Kisses

     
  3. Unknown on December 16, 2010 at 10:58 AM

    i watch "The Holiday" everytime it's on!


    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  4. cb on December 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM

    oh no! don't let those grumps get you down!!!!! yes i agree watch elf, it is bound to make anyone smile and feel jolly! oh and ana is hilarious!

    i also find that walking around the neighborhood and looking at all the christmas lights helps me get back i the spirit!

    cheer up sweetie!!!!

    oh i hate the format of blogger it drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

    xo,
    cb

     
  5. Anonymous on December 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM

    Elf, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation - all musts!

     
  6. k on December 16, 2010 at 2:36 PM

    I dont have christmas spirit this year either, i haven't even willingly listened to a christmas song!

     
  7. Lauren on December 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM

    I've only seen Home Alone, National Lampoon's and Sleepless in Seattle (I hate that movie!).. I've never even heard of most of these, crazy! When I think of Christmas movies, I think of Miracle on 34th, It's a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown..lol

     
  8. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on December 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM

    Christmas vacation is my all time fave. I have the DVD and watch it every year :) my favorite part is when he's about to go mad while drinking the eggnog. well..one of my favorite parts!

    i just watched elf again the other day. it's sappy but cute and he's just so perfect in it :)

     
  9. Janet Mazorie on December 20, 2010 at 9:48 AM

    Love all these movies! Well Die Hard the least...and its a close tie between National Lampoon's, Sleepless, and Love Actually for the best! I am slowly making my way through the holiday movies. Although my very favorite holiday movie is White Christmas, and I can never see it too many times.

     
  10. ana on January 7, 2011 at 9:52 AM

    Loving all the flick Picks!