A few days ago I received an email from dear friend T, requesting advice on styling two different dresses she likes. And then she told me to blog about it. So here we find ourselves with a new, fun little experiment she titled "what would Kelli wear?"

It's no secret that I love color, and that I'm willing to pair some 'interesting' combinations together. Does this mean I'm capable of handing out fashion advice? I nunno. I wear what I like, what makes me happy, and often, what makes other people think I'm a little b-a-n-a-n-a-s. So T may love what I've put together here, or she may hate it, but it sure was a lot of fun to put together.



 
Without further ado, may I present scenario #1.

T loves this dress, but can't decide on an appropriate occasion to wear it. Too white for a wedding and too dressy for her office, she wants to know how to style this dress in a more casual, everyday wear kind of way.

I've done my best to create three different 'casual-ish' looks for this cute little baby doll number from ModCloth.








Take a look:



{ gal about town }
jacket: old navy





{ lady mendl's tea salon }
sweater: anthropologie
shoes: j. crew




{ to market, to market }
hoodie: j. crew


Stay tuned for scenario #2...




{ what do you think? }





ps - only a few more days to enter my giveaway on Gypsy Diaries!

12 notes

  1. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on June 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM

    oh my word! you are way more stylish than I could ever be! I'll definitely come to you next time I find something I can't live without- but also can't pair up with my existing clothes!

    great work!

     
  2. Unknown on June 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM

    dude i NEED that dress! OH NO - only 1 large left :o( ... i put my info in for them to notify me - i LOVE all the 3 outfits - number 1 being my fave!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  3. Andrea (Panda) on June 10, 2010 at 11:00 AM

    i love your wacky style! it reminds me of mine a few dress sizes ago...sigh.

    i NEED that lumberjack necklace!!

    my fave would have to be the third {to market, to market} cause i love wearing zip hoodies anytime i can get away with it and blue shoes, YES please!

     
  4. Unknown on June 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM

    i'll get pics up SOON i hope of my pad! - it's just not "put together" yet b/c i need all the moldings (base, crown, door, window) installed as well as the doors - so i have everything i need but all packed away or still in bags ! ... i hope my last "painting" project will be the zig-zag walls - i've been non stop painting FOR TOO long it feels!

    i've pretty much done everything myself in my house - and like u - took SO much inspiration from Domino (i did the striped ceiling and chalk board wall for my office) .. and swirls on cieling in porch - ALL from Domino - i seriously don't get how that mag is gone! :o(

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  5. Chelsey - The Paper Mama on June 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM

    Oh yes, I love all the combos! Thanks for sharing this.

     
  6. Emily@VitaNostra on June 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM

    Love that dress! I'm loving the blue shoes right now. Saw them all over Paris and NEED a pair. Then, that red bag. The old navy jacket.... the darcyart bag... Sigh... I love window shopping! This was fun.

     
  7. Diana Mieczan on June 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM

    The dress is so pretty and I love all three options...The first one for a cool lunch with girls, second for an evening or a meeting and the last one for a walk and while running errands...I adore what you did :)
    Kisses darling and great job!!!
    Muah

     
  8. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on June 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM

    My first thought for trying to casual-ize that dress was leggings. It looks like a fairly short dress, so leggings would definitely make it easier to wear in casual situations.

     
  9. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on June 10, 2010 at 12:11 PM

    thanks all. :) i'll be posting another set soon. (and thanks for overlooking my shameful photo cropping skills...)

    hundy - that's a good idea, too. leggings never occur to me because i'm so short. a dress has to be pretty DANG short (or well, a shirt) before i'm worried about it. :P

     
  10. Janet Mazorie on June 11, 2010 at 8:03 AM

    Well I would wear all of the combinations...gladly. Great choices! Also, I like your new etsy items, cute-cute.

     
  11. Md Shimul Hossain on April 15, 2020 at 6:17 AM


    Hello Dear sir,profile,blog comment,facebookmarketing,classified ads post Backlink 100% apporve step by step Home content & link publish. please click and profile my gig. I'll do it the same for you. Blog Comment Thank you for sharing

     
  12. Best IT Point on September 29, 2020 at 12:38 AM

    Very helpful blog post, explained everything very clearly, This blog really has all the info I was looking for. Thanks you for sharing. Fashion