As a summer baby, is it any surprise that I love this season?  But here are some other reasons why.


Summer is the time to be.....


JOYFUL 
 "rainboho bright" by amandarosestudios

This adorable sundress has my inner child jumping up and down ecstatically (calm down in there, willya?). The colors, the flounciness, the irreverent mixing of patterns - it all shouts 'hooray! summer vacation!' And even though I don't get those anymore, I still love that feeling.




FRESH

"strawberry jam with balsamic vinegar" by JannasJams

I'm a recent jam convert (having previously been afraid of any sort of 'altered' fruit, to include pies, which THANKFULLY I've gotten over), but I have become absolutely fiendish in my desire for fresh, flavorful preserves. These gorgeous jars have my tumbly rumbly for some toasted jammies!




BOLD

"chalcedony and apatite necklace" by surfandsand

If there's ever a time to try out a new bold look, it's summertime. Of course that would not stop me from wearing this gorgeous necklace all year round. Royal blue and yellow is a new color combo for me (a digression of my mustard and navy obsession), but I have to say, I think I'm loving it...





CAREFREE

"tell me the rest of the story" by dianalemieux


It seems impossible to feel anything other than lighthearted and free when the warm summer breeze starts blowing. Dianalemieux's beautiful photograph captures this fleeting feeling perfectly. When I look at it, it's like I can smell the grass and feel the late afternoon sun shining down upon me.




ADVENTUROUS

"mammoth orange 4x6 postcard" by RoadsidePhotographs

Summer is the time to adventure, to explore, to get lost, and be found. Go ahead -- stop and take that snapshot. Who cares if it's just a crumbly old building to everyone else? To you, it's incredible. And who knows? It could turn into a sweet postcard like this one. Images like these make me imagine the incredible adventure this photographer was on, and brings back fond memories of my own wanderlust. 



{ what does summer mean to you? }



Psssst! - don't forget to enter my giveaway! :{D


13 notes

  1. Unknown on June 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM

    oh i love what summer means to u! - almost the same with me! - carefree, no worries, sunshine, tan, boating, fishing, traffic *blah*, no shoes, and adventure ..

    i LOVE summer like no other - i'm @ the shore every weekend, i forget ALL about fashion rules, walk barefoot, wear a bikini even tho i shouldn't be, drink lots of beer in the sun, and chillax with friends and family - i LOVE summer!!! - i wait all year for this time!

    YAYYY

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  2. Unknown on June 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM

    ps - i just looked up that dress - i was hoping it would be a STEAL - but poopers $140 :o( .. i like to buy things when i think i'm getting a bargin! - haha

    and with the boat - i always had a boat since i was a baby - so it's virtual my home away from home ... i don't "own" my own yet - i use my Dad and Brother's ... but one day, i'll take the dive and get one of my own .. it is on my bucket list to LIVE on a boat for atleast a year!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  3. Unknown on June 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM

    haha bloggin' on a boat - that soo has a catch to it! - i want to join the Peace Corp too - maybe i should start gettting a move on these adventures i have planned SOOOOOON! .. which mean no more $$$$$ clothes ... that's gonna be a toughy!

     
  4. Diana Mieczan on June 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM

    I want that dress badly. It’s perfect!!!
    It actually screams my name...hahahah:)
    Summers for me is all about...the sunny weather...when I walk every morning back from the swimming pool with my hair wet and feel the sun :)
    Long walks with Balazs....and all the fun things we can do around the city...and of course a new adventure!!!
    Kisses sweetie:)
    Ps: Ohhh I adore this post:)

     
  5. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on June 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM

    wonderful day! It certainly is fitting with the weather we're expecting later this week! I love summer, how could you not! Especially in Seattle when we see so much rain and gray. The sunshine and warmth is a welcome friend!

    Summer officially kicks off for me on 4th of July. With my bday being on the 2nd, it's like one long party! I spend it on Orcas island at a big gathering. we soak up the sun while dining on delicious BBQ and deviled eggs. Then we play bocce ball till we're too tired to move.

    the rest of the summer, my days are spent waiting for 5pm so I can leave work, grab the inner tube and go float on the lake near my house. It's only a 3 minute drive and it's the perfect way to end the long work day!

    This summer, we also have a hiking trip in the forest planned, so that will be something to look forward to!

    Now if only I could get my body to catch up with my mind and look good in a swimsuit and flip flops (c'mon, toe!)

    :)

     
  6. Janet Mazorie on June 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM

    What great items! Summer to me means time with friends, BBQ dinners, gin and tonics, and a good summer book! I can't wait for it to get here. Cute, cute post!

     
  7. Andrea (Panda) on June 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM

    i love that post card! going on adventures and seeing buildings like that are a fav way to spend my vacations (when i get them). every summer i look forward to getting off work to the heat and heading to the river to just skip rocks, drink a beer and hang out and goof off. cant wait!

     
  8. T@PoppyPlacePdx on June 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM

    Awesome pics. I love the joy in the first pic. Oh that is what we need here in the NW, sun, sun and more sun and sun dresses :) T.

     
  9. kelli on June 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM

    Can you all tell it was sunny here for all of five minutes, so I got over-enthused and declared it SUMMER? :P

    Can you all also guess what it's like outside now?

    siiiiiiiigh. i'll just go back to that top photo....ah, that's the stuff!

     
  10. aubepine on June 8, 2010 at 8:36 PM

    Lovely picks! That necklace is so beautiful. :)

     
  11. AlliesAdornments on June 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM

    Gorgeous summer choices!

     
  12. Unknown on June 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM

    That last image reminds me of all the abandoned drive in movie theaters around the country. Why did we let them all go?

     
  13. Jen Zahigian on June 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM

    Thanks so much for including my "Mammoth Orange" photograph. I love what you wrote...!