The subject of this week's "what would Kelli wear" is this lovely Jean Paul Gaultier for Target mustard halter dress. My good friend managed to snatch one up before they sold out, but ran into shoe trouble. She emailed for help finding navy blue peep toe shoes that could pull double duty: paired with this dress for a wedding, but would also look smokin' with jeans, to snazz up her daily work attire.

( Also: disregard the AWFUL faux tattoo shirt shown here. There are NO images of this dress from the front without that hideous garment. Apparently SOMEone over at JP's team thought this look was the shizz, but I just can't stand it! )


{ Here's what I found }



Admittedly less "navy" and more "royal" blue, this perhaps one of the only variations on the gladiator sandal I've been drawn too. Even though it's not quite what she asked for, I think this color would look unexpected and fun against the mustard yellow. (And also, stylish navy shoes are HARD to find this season!)

I am currently obsessing over the idea of "shooties" paired with a short dress. I love the edginess of the shape, and the unexpected little bows on the side.

The most casual I've chosen, these little wedges could serve as super versatile summer staples. Pairing them with jeans, however, might be a little to "denim dan," and so I guess I've failed that second qualifying factor on this one. Sorry, T. (But they'd look super cute with shorts. So there.)

Of all the pairs I've surfed through today, these are THE ones I'm currently lusting after myself. I love the shape of the heel, and the t-strap -- it all just screams "let's go DANCING!" to me, and really, what more can one ask out of a wedding shoe?
Just for fun, I've thrown in a 'wild card' pair, which complete disregard the navy blue requirement. They're just so dang cute! The plaid is a subtle nod towards the fall (since the aforementioned wedding is in September), while the bright turquoise keeps the outfit light and fun.



* Like my take on all things fashion-y? Feel free to drop me a line with your queries that need a 'colorful'  perspective. ; ) You can reach me here, or by leaving a comment below! *



{  which pair would you pick? }




11 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on June 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM

    I love the dress and nr.1 is so perfect for it:) I adore that pair:)
    Those fashion posts are so cool...I enjoy them so much:)
    kisses darling and have a wonderful day:)

     
  2. The Captain on June 17, 2010 at 11:38 AM

    want pair 4 so bad

     
  3. Unknown on June 17, 2010 at 11:41 AM

    Target can be IMPOSSIBLE to get the "designer" clothes when they come in! - i learned to look online and order before i go to the store - b/c the stores only get certain stuff and online only has certain stuff - and can always go home after store and cancel order ..

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  4. Andrea (Panda) on June 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM

    I love the Wild card Pair! But also #2 would look super cute!

     
  5. k on June 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM

    #2!!!
    What are you thinking about Harem pants?! :)

     
  6. kelli g. { bug miscellany } on June 17, 2010 at 1:57 PM

    ooh, interesting, Krystal! gonna hafta do some diggin' on that one. :) def going to cover that in an upcoming post. thanks!

     
  7. Emily@VitaNostra on June 17, 2010 at 3:10 PM

    I'm back and forth between #1 and #2. They both have their good points :) I love blue and yellow together. Great combo.

     
  8. Lynzy on June 17, 2010 at 4:16 PM

    #2 for sure! :)

    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

     
  9. Amanda on June 17, 2010 at 5:39 PM

    #1 for sure- those shoes are hot! I love the pop of the blue with the yellow :)

    I love the dress so pretty!

     
  10. C'est La Vie on June 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM

    those teal checkered ones with the flower are SO AMAZING!!!! YES PLEASE!!!!

     
  11. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on June 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM

    LOOOVE the plaid pumps!