Saturday was the most gloriously perfectly sunny day.


We couldn't put off redoing the garden any longer.



Before.





That's one dead tree.



And three hours later...



After.



Ok, so it doesn't look like much.



But at least we replaced all the dead things, with non-dead things (at least for now).
Plus...colors!




Later, because I was unwilling to give up even the last little shred of sunshine,
we had a bananagrams fest on the patio.



I lost, btw.  How can you LOSE when playing "velociraptor?"  Arrrgh! 
(F, indeed.)




Have you ever played this game?  It's aMAZing!



The hubbers winning hand.
Xenophobe?  Really?  He is so damn clever.


 ( Sorry for the posting delay.  This week has started out INsane. )



{ what did you get up to? }


14 notes

  1. Brittany H. on April 26, 2011 at 7:21 AM

    Hey, gardening is tough. You can spend all day tilling and it looks like nothing. I think it looks super sweet. Love the little flowers. And I love banana grams!!

    Kiss
    You Are My Favorite

     
  2. My Life Under the Bus on April 26, 2011 at 8:03 AM

    How did you lose with velociraptor??? I am a Scrabble junkie...I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM...I just play a lot of games!

    Non Dead things are good!

     
  3. k on April 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM

    mark always beats me in scrabble, it's so sad!!

     
  4. k on April 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM

    and your garden looks beautiful! i remember the sense of accomplishment when we had our house and i would spend time doing that!

     
  5. urbancurtsy on April 26, 2011 at 9:30 AM

    I was spending Saturday evening in Target and I stood there staring at those darned bananagrams and put them down, I may have to take a pit stop before Friday night. My kids also love Sequence. Your garden looked much cheerier. :)

     
  6. T@PoppyPlacePdx on April 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM

    Hey Kelli, your garden looks so cute :)

    Saturday, was the first day out of the house in nearly 3 weeks for me :( Silly chest infection :(

    So, I made the most of it and went for a walk around the Chinese Gardens and also found as many cafes and restaurants who were serving on their patios and chilled out all day. YAY! for the sunshine, at last!!!!

    Have a lovely Tuesday, T. :)

     
  7. cb on April 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM

    you did a great job with the yard! i did some weeding and planting too! it felt so good since i had be putting if off for so long! i have not played bananagrams but it looks like fun so i will have to buy it!

    xo,
    cb

     
  8. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on April 26, 2011 at 12:00 PM

    i especially love the beer in the garden. so fitting ;)

    you guys did great. it really doesn't take much to make a garden look good. i'm looking forward to a slow, sunny day so i can attack all the weeds that have sprouted thru the icy ground!

    p.s. i LOVE bananagrams

     
  9. Lisa Lisa Lisa on April 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM

    1: I think your garden looks great :) It isn't so easy removing all the dead things.
    2: I've never played but now I totally want to!!! That game looks awesome!

     
  10. Emily@VitaNostra on April 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM

    Yup, that looks like a ton of work. It will pay off! I need to start working on this before its too late! We had a crazy weekend, beginning with a tornado and ending with a wonderful easter celebration with family!

     
  11. keishua on April 26, 2011 at 5:46 PM

    fun. I think gardening is so therapeutic. Okay, I think looking at a garden is so therapeutic. I've never been a fan of pulling weeds, to be honest.

     
  12. ana on April 27, 2011 at 4:40 AM

    your house is so adorable! what a cute little garden area. :D & i've never played bananagram, but i think i will now. looks fun.

     
  13. yourstrulydear on April 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM

    ahhh i love it!! your garden looks glorious! want to come do my garden? :) also, i love scrabble. thats a pretty badass game!

     
  14. Janee Lookerse on May 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM

    I LOVE bananagrams! Its such a fun game! My hubby, his best friend, and I play all the time. I'm trying to remember what our crazy word the other night was, but its escaping me... I'll think of it.

    xoxo
    Janee
    yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com