It's been a pretty craptastic week.
So what's the cure?

Super awesomely crafty goodness.
"Flossy the Unicorn Embroidery Floss Bobbin" by sugarcookie

Just...awesome.  I would love to have a fleet of rainbow colored unicorns populating my craft room.





"KARMA- Handspun Wensleydale Yarn- 160 yards 8 plus ounces" by SpunRightRound

Everytime I think I'm going to give knitting a break (isn't it almost summer?), I find some beautiful yarn that tempts me back into stitchery. 






"VIntage Wooden Sewing Spools-Spool Party" by inmyigloo

My grandma had a drawer filled with spools and spools of colorful threads.  It was one of my favorite parts of her house.  These make me so happy.





"Group of Vintage Embroidery hoops" by found2donkeys

Look at these amazing shapes! 




"Kingsley Koala Hand Carved Stamp" by HandmadeBlayne

The cuteness of this little fella makes me want to 1) own him and 2) learn how to carve stamps. 
New hobby?




{ what's your cure for a bad week? }



7 notes

  1. Amanda on April 28, 2011 at 7:32 AM

    I looooove that unicorn embroidery floss- too cute!!
    I have had a bad week as well - this weeks cure has been girl scout cookies :) I hope yours is improving ;)

     
  2. cb on April 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM

    i'm sorry you are having a bad week! i hope this post cured it! i either like to go out and eat or shop..to cure my blues..that or a nice be hug from the mister always does the trick!

    xo,
    cb

     
  3. heather on April 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM

    boo on the craptastic week. but at least it sounds better than it might have been if you call it craptastic! :)

    i love love love that kooky unicorn. he is so funny. what ever happened to your grandmother's spools?

     
  4. Emily@VitaNostra on April 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

    Fantastic opening line.

    I'm holding out for the royal wedding and hoping that will be the cure all for everything.

    ... After that I might explore learning how to carve stamps (who knew?) ;)

     
  5. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on April 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM

    wowza! those hoops are awesome!

    but ZOMG! ZOMG! Unicorn!! Love it!!

    my cure is obviously beating myself up at the gym.

    I need to find a new cure for a bad week!

     
  6. ana on April 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM

    i always think i want to carve stamps as well...then i remember how bad i am with sharp objects. agh. hah. wonderful list! :D totally love that yarn too. sigh.

     
  7. yourstrulydear on April 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM

    ahhh i love that unicorn bobbin!!! umm, i like to have a movie night and eat lots of candy :) hope your week starts looking up my dear!