Aaaahhh...that's the sound of the end of a relaxing three day weekend (or is it 'Waaaaahh!' ?).  The hubbers and I did make it into the city for some shop hopping, where he ended up scoring better than I (how did that happen?).  It seems like I've become exceedingly picky picky picky about clothing these days.






I did walk away with these super cute little ankle socks (I'm wearing the gray ones today with red heels! hello, fall. :D )


I think ankle socks will help keep my tights infatuation at bay, at least until the weather's a bit cooler.





 

I also snapped up this navy blue sweater from American Eagle.  I'm in love with the detailing!















PS - Target has some super duper soft plaid flannel shirts for a STEAL, but their stupid website won't let me grab a photo.  Go here if you're interested. (I bought the red one and the yellow one...I just couldn't resist!)


We also went on a super touristy (but fun) tour (more about that another day), painted an indecisive wall in our living room and rescued Fifi from a torn claw (bloody paws looks about a BILLION times worse on a white kitty. frownfrownfrown!).  Other than that last bit, it was a lovely and low key weekend.



{ how was yours? }



16 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on September 7, 2010 at 11:47 AM

    I totally agree about the socks...They will keep you warm and they are so cute too:)
    Glad you had a fun shopping trip and sounds like your weekend was wonderful:)
    We had a relaxing weekend here...A movie night with friends and cake...and lots of lazy time...hahaha
    Kisses,sweetie

     
  2. Unknown on September 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM

    i made my boyfriend a nightmare - i think he may take longer then me to get dressed now! - and shopping, well i take pride in that, i made him a PRO! - he'll call me from the city and be like "i found Alice and Olive dress $50, want it?" and of course i'm like "HELL YEA" .. GO SALESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

     
  3. ana on September 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM

    i love those socks! adorable :D i don't think i have the guts to pull anything off like that. & sorry about the kitty getting hurt. that really sucks.

    :D

     
  4. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on September 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM

    aww poor kitteh :(

    congrats on becoming a true washingtonian by donning the "socks and sandals" fashion trend.

    at least your socks and "sandals" are fancy ones, so you won't be ridiculed :p

     
  5. Janet Mazorie on September 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM

    Sounds like a pretty good weekend! Shopping is always a great holiday activity. Love those socks...need them now!

     
  6. k on September 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM

    oh man, i'm way jealous of that AE sweater!

     
  7. heather on September 7, 2010 at 3:18 PM

    Yay! Even if you didn't totally score, it sounds pretty good to me! I've always been a pretty big fan of Target clothes, isn't that funny? Well, at least the cool T-shirts and things like these flannels! Everything else (pants or dress-wise) always used to be huge! But that was a few years ago...

     
  8. yourstrulydear on September 7, 2010 at 6:22 PM

    we had a fun relaxing time. i wish we could have gone shopping but we are poooooor haha. i love that top from ae! detailing like that is awesome, i wish we were real life friends so i could borrow it hahaha. and oo la la, love the ankle socks! i want to see pictures, lady!

     
  9. Stacey on September 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM

    I love the ankle socks and sweater from AE. It sounds like your shopping trip was a success although the hubby scored more that you did:-). Sorry to hear about dear kitty kitty though:(.

     
  10. rachel on September 7, 2010 at 7:23 PM

    i'm super picky when it comes to shopping too, i have to LOVE it, but it works out in the end.

     
  11. yourstrulydear on September 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

    OH ps love how you watched the star wars trilogy this weekend hahaha. classic. i meant to write that before and i forgot. i havent seen those in a few years... ;]

     
  12. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on September 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM

    Sounds like a good weekend, I love that sweater!

     
  13. My Life Under the Bus on September 8, 2010 at 9:42 AM

    I had one of those plaid shirts in my cart !!! ...but then the boys REALLY needed socks and underwear ( much less glamourous ) ...sigh

     
  14. Leia on September 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM

    I'm so jealous that it's not cold enough there to wear tights! I've been wearing them every day! Those ankle socks are so cute though. I want a pair :)

    Leia

     
  15. Amanda on September 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM

    Great finds!! I am in love with the plaid flannel shirts from target! Every time I visit your blog add to my wish list :)

     
  16. Holly Knitlightly on September 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM

    Ahhhhhhhhh I wish we had Target in Canada! Hmmm, I wonder if they ship to Canada yet? I need some new plaid shirts! Haha.