On Saturday, the hubbers and I fought massive traffic jams and headed to The Puyallup Fair.  It's one of the top 10 largest fairs in the world, so it's quite the spectacle really.  We visited the barns, ate the beloved Krusty Pups and wandered around the brighly lit rides.



The fair always looks better at night...






























 ....doncha think?




ps - We waited about 30 minutes in line for these ( because they are the most delicious scones of all time).



Check back tomorrow, where I'll share some more of our Fair adventure...



{ have you been to a fair? }




20 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on September 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM

    I love fairs and yes they do look so amazing at night...I love those photos:)...Glad you had fun and enjoy your Monday
    Kisses

     
  2. heather on September 27, 2010 at 7:53 AM

    Haven't been to a fair in ages! But I do so love the ferris wheel and all the lights lighting up the night!

     
  3. Unknown on September 27, 2010 at 8:41 AM

    how did u get your comments numbered? i really need to do that.css im guessing?

    I love the pictures.

    I hate fairgrounds.

    Im scared of all the rides.

     
  4. ana on September 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM

    ohhh. fair food. that's the only reason i go to fairs, for the food! oh, & pretty lights too :D your photos are quite lovely. i love the 'wild cat' one. :)

     
  5. yourstrulydear on September 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM

    fairs are fun, but i havent been to one in at least a few years. kind of sad :/ i LOVE fair food. everytime i go i have to get fried dough. yummmmm....and now i'm drooling.

     
  6. Unknown on September 27, 2010 at 10:00 AM

    i haven't been to the NJ State Fair in YEARSSSSSSSSSS ... i have been DYING for funnel cake tho - i went to fantasy island thinking i would score some, to only find it was closed for the season already ..

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

     
  7. this free bird on September 27, 2010 at 10:47 AM

    I used to live in the PNW and loved the Puyallup!! I got so excited when I saw your post and the first word that came to mind: SCONES!

    And then your picture...it brought back so many yummy memories. And ones of mad lines, too. Yikes!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

     
  8. Stacey on September 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM

    It's been a while since i've been to a fair, but these pics bring back great memories. Sounds like you had an awesome time! I also have an award for you:-). XX

     
  9. Andrea (Panda) on September 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM

    I cant believe i missed it this year. that scone was really yummy! thank you!!!

     
  10. T@PoppyPlacePdx on September 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM

    oh what fun! And your photos are awesome! Have a lovely day, :) T.

     
  11. Holly Knitlightly on September 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM

    I'm not a huge fan of the fair! I don't like rides.. haha. My boyfriend and I went last night, it was the last night of the fair, and it was closed by the time we got there at 7:30! He was pretty bummed out.

     
  12. AmyK on September 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM

    I'm incredibly jealous that you got to go.

    The end.

     
  13. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on September 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM

    fun pics! I haven't been to the puyallup for a few years..since I lived closer in that direction. But I love the evergreen state fair. Less crowds and chaos, same great fair food!

    thanks for feeding me today!!

     
  14. yourstrulydear on September 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM

    your comment about your kitties was funny. we had jay-z's front paws declawed. before we had that done we were going crazy haha. also, you should just move close to me so we can craft together :] haha

     
  15. My Life Under the Bus on September 28, 2010 at 7:05 AM

    Great pictures !!! Growing up we travelled to the N.Y. State Fair but we only go to a small fair in town now. everything is tooo expensive : ( .I absolutely love the pictures - I kinda want to lickj the scone!

     
  16. paislea on September 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

    awe! so much fun! i went to the fair recently and had so much fun!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  17. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on September 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM

    How fun, I love fairs!

     
  18. k on September 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM

    these pictures are incredible! i miss the fair :(

     
  19. Janet Mazorie on September 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM

    These photos are so great. I love all the colors. Makes me want candy apples and BBQ for some reason?

     
  20. Molly Page on October 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM

    Your pictures are really terrific. They make me so sad that I missed our county fair this year.


    And that scone... I-cheee-wow-wow. (which means yum.)