A few weeks ago, the hubbers and I went on an Underground Seattle tour with some friends from out of town.  We'd never done it before, and after a lengthy stop at Elysian Fields Brewery, it seemed like a good idea....




The tour takes you beneath Pioneer Square, the original center of the city.





You navigate between weird open spaces....





...and narrow corridors.





I'm a huge fan of spooky, broken down spaces, so I found it quite interesting.





( This is a terrible photo, but I love these old lobby benches. )



And now, without any further ado........


Thank you all for participating in my Mystery Box of Awesome giveaway! 




The winner is Diana of Express-o!


Yaaay, Diana! You can email me your shipping info, and your box of awesome will be on it's way!



{ did you guys like the 'mystery box' idea? }




20 notes

  1. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on September 23, 2010 at 10:19 AM

    woohoo! Congrats to Diana!! I totally dug the mystery box idea :)

    and your photos make me wish I had taken my camera when we went on the tour last month

     
  2. Unknown on September 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM

    tour looked pretty cool! - i'd totally do it!

    and YAYYYYY to Diana .. i swear i have no luck at all - i haven't won a single giveaway - everyone wins around me tho - teehee - HAPPY for them tho!!!!

     
  3. T@PoppyPlacePdx on September 23, 2010 at 10:34 AM

    Congrats to Diana :)

    I am dying to know what is in the box, will you tell us?!?! :)

    And yes, I thought it was such a good idea, can I steal it for my next giveaway?????

    Love your photos, I'm with you on the lobby benches, it always seems such a shame how some things end up.

    I think you can do that here in P.Town too, (underground tours)but it was a way from China Town to the river a way to traffic humans I believe back in the day, scary.

    On that note, have a lovely Thursday, :) T.

     
  4. cabin + cub on September 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM

    We have always wanted to do that tour.. it looks really cool. Apparently there are similar tunnels in Vancouver, but, alas, there are no tours... probably not even accessible to the public.

     
  5. Tania on September 23, 2010 at 10:42 AM

    i loved the idea! do another one! also, i loved the underground tour too..the best part was the discount on those cow poop drop cookies...yummy...

     
  6. Diana Mieczan on September 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM

    OMG!!!!!!
    Did I really?...When I saw my name I nearly fell off my sofa from excitement!!!! I am soooo happy...I cant wait to see whats in the box! Thanks darling
    I am sending you an email right away:)
    Wow...yay!
    (totally made my day)

     
  7. AmyK on September 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM

    I lovelovelove the Underground tour. Haven't been in years, but I loved it when I was there! I don't think I got any good pictures to remember it by, though :(

     
  8. Holly Knitlightly on September 23, 2010 at 12:45 PM

    Oh that looks SO interesting! I would love to do that!

    Congrats to Diana, I'm still wondering what was in there! :) hehe.

     
  9. k on September 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM

    I've done that underground tour too!!! it's so fun! i liked being able to see the people walking in those glass sidewalk things :)

     
  10. paislea on September 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM

    awe! so much fun! i wanted to win! but YES! i loved the mystery box idea!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  11. yourstrulydear on September 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM

    loved the idea. now i'm all jealous of diana over here.. pshh!

    btw i LOVE those old lobby benches too. someday when i grow up and i'm rich i'll have one in every room. now wouldnt that just be smashing?

     
  12. heather on September 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM

    Congrats to Diana! And, yes! LOVE the mystery box idea. I might gank it from ya :)

    And your spooky spaces are perfect for the moon tonight!

     
  13. Anonymous on September 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM

    Lame. I wanted to win. (So yes, I loved the mystery box idea).

    Underground Seattle looks so cool! It's definitely on our list of things to do next time we go to Seattle. We were supposed to go this summer but....summer is over and we didn't go. Boo.

     
  14. this free bird on September 23, 2010 at 6:36 PM

    Yay Diana!! I loved the mystery box idea. Totally intriguing.


    And I used to live on an island outside Seattle and never did this! I feel robbed!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

     
  15. Unknown on September 23, 2010 at 9:01 PM

    i didnt win?

     
  16. ana on September 24, 2010 at 8:07 AM

    what a fun looking tour! i rather like the photos :D & congrats to the lucky winner!

     
  17. Stacey on September 24, 2010 at 8:20 AM

    Congrats to Diana! Darn, i so wanted to win too:-(. Still happy for Diana though:-). Also, that underground tour sounds quite interesting. xx

     
  18. Lisa Lisa Lisa on September 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM

    Wow that is really cool! What an interesting thing for you and your hubby to go see.
    And congrats to Sweet Diana!!!

     
  19. Kristin Aquariann on September 24, 2010 at 5:48 PM

    Neat tour! It's so intriguing to wonder what happened in such spaces.

    Btw, thanks for hopping by my blog!

     
  20. Victoria on September 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

    Those photos are so cool! I wish I could find some couches like that for my house.

    Totally agree with you about old abandoned places - there's an urban exploration photography site I love (not sure if you've heard of it):
    http://www.opacity.us/locations/

    It's mostly hospitals with some factories and other sites, but the photos are amazing!