Spending lots of time in the woods lately has me in a "rustic-y" kind of place.



"Birdhouse, Cottage & Farmhouse, Yellow, Red, Blue" by baconsquarefarm

The kittens really want a bird feeder, and I really want this lovely colorful one.
I think they'd approve.








"Reclaimed Wood Mirror Trio Chocolate Brown Rustic" by GoggyWood

These would add a lovely rustic touch to any room. 
Plus, they're crafted from upcycled materials. Stylish and no trees harmed!






"Typographic Brackets for Bookworms" by SlippinSouthern

It should not be surprising why I loooove these.  They should be mine.







"Hair Fork Tulip Wood Lilli Hairfork Hair Stick Handmade Grahtoestudio" by grahtoestudio

How gorgeous is this stripey wood?  Nature's design FTW. 






"Vintage Square Glacier National Park Souvenir Crinkle Nylon Scarf" by artemisiascloset

I love the look of vintage National Park memorabilia. 
It's kind of kitschy and makes me think of the nice time I had with my dad at Yellowstone. 



 

{ are you a rustic lover? }





19 notes

  1. Brittany H. on May 4, 2011 at 7:22 AM

    I like that kitschy stuff too. My old roomates collected those vintage state plates. (Gosh, they were so ugly), but they added a lot of character to our dining room.

    Hugs!
    You Are My Favorite

     
  2. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on May 4, 2011 at 7:47 AM

    I love those rustic mirrors!

     
  3. Michelle {lovely little things} on May 4, 2011 at 8:47 AM

    Love those rustic mirrors!

     
  4. cb on May 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM

    i am a rustic lover! i love re purposed wood frames alot!

    xo,
    cb

     
  5. heather on May 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM

    ooh those brackets!!! hearts in heaven!!!

     
  6. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on May 4, 2011 at 11:00 AM

    oh hooray for Greg's mirrors! He'd be so pleased :) I love all things rustic! I love taking photos of rusty farm machines and tools. I can't wait to live back in the country again...

     
  7. T@PoppyPlacePdx on May 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM

    Not really a rustic lover but I do LOVE bird houses.

    Are you sure the Bird house is for the kittens (He! He!)

    Have a lvoely day, T. :)

     
  8. k on May 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM

    i would like a rustic kitchen table :) :) for my new apt! thanks for explaining the etsy biz to me...you are like a professional etsyer!

     
  9. Anonymous on May 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM

    I love the Glacier National Park Scarf. I had the best time there last summer.

    Might do some hiking this weekend!
    Mt. Rainier maybe.

     
  10. Isabel on May 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM

    it depends on the item. sometimes i do sometimes i dont :)

     
  11. keishua on May 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM

    i enjoy rustic in doses.It has a certain charm to it. I really like those bookworms!!

     
  12. ana on May 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM

    i love the { } , very neat. :) i really enjoy the rustic look as well. my mom happens to have a lot of 'mexican rustic' pieces throughout her house. something about natural chunky wood that is just so pretty.

     
  13. Lauren on May 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM

    i kinda love that bird feeder

     
  14. My Life Under the Bus on May 5, 2011 at 5:40 AM

    At our old house we set up a bird feeder on the back porch near a window and all you would here is the cats making goofy noises and thwacking the window all day! LOL we ended up having to move it!

     
  15. Louise on May 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    Lovin' it. Go nature!

     
  16. Diana Mieczan on May 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM

    Awww..look at those beautiful mirros. They would look so good in my home:) Have a lovely and sunny Thursday, darling
    Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a stunning Sima Gilady jewelry GIVEAWAY today!

     
  17. Janee Lookerse on May 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM

    Hi! I just found your blog and I think its super cute :) I'll definitely be "follow"ing you! Come visit me when you've got time: yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Janee
    yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

     
  18. Diana on May 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM

    I love those wooden brackets and that whole shop! At first I thought they were brackets for holding up shelves, and I couldn't figure out how they worked. But turns out they're just pretty.

     
  19. Amanda on May 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM

    I am a rustic lover :D Those wooden brackets are perfect!