Happy Monday all.  My internets were down ALL weekend (grrrr!).  It was so hard to be unplugged, but honestly, it was so stifling h-o-t in my house, I'm not sure how much I'd have gotten accomplished anyways...






This weekend's (non-internetty) goals included:









1.  Get some much needed stitchery done.  A little preview of something new, I'm so terribly excited about this new project. : D





2.  Try to keep the kittens from suffocating in the 95+ degree weather.  It must be tough to wear a fur coat when it's so hot out.






3.  Attend a lovely outdoor wedding on Sunday.  Hubbers looks far too pleased with himself here.





And since I failed at Fashion Friday, here's a look at what I wore to the wedding.  I think it's funny to note, since I'm way short, and this dress is way short, it's entirely possible it's actually a shirt, and not a dress at all.

Whoopsies.

PS - I'm so happy to read your responses to this post.   And here's the answer to a couple of queries:

#7  I am not sure what to get yet.  I have a couple of ideas, but I'm so not going to rush into anything here.  I mean, it took me 3 years to talk myself into a navel piercing (now gone).  

#8  for my dear international readers, "guns" refers to one's arm muscles.  Typically stated while flexing and air kissing one's bicep.  I used to have decently toned arms, but it's fallen to the wayside. 

#9   I have no idea where I'm going to go yet.  Suggestions?



{ so now that we're caught up...how was your weekend? }





19 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on August 16, 2010 at 10:39 AM

    You looks so pretty in that dress...and the shoes fit so well....hahahah your hubby looks really pleased with himself on that photo...Sounds like a fun wedding...I cant wait to hear more about your new project!

    Kisses and wish you a cooler Monday:)

     
  2. Unknown on August 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM

    i LOVE being unplugged on the weekeneds - it's almost my rule of thumb - get back to the basics, have fun, and relax!

     
  3. Andrea (Panda) on August 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM

    HAHHAHA Sam cracks me up. That totally could have been a shirt...oh well its still not as short as "short dress day"

     
  4. ana on August 16, 2010 at 1:05 PM

    you look lovely in that dress, even if it might be a shirt :D

    & love the stitching going on.

     
  5. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 16, 2010 at 1:54 PM

    all that jibber-jabber about your messy cursive was silly! that looks good! and I can definitely tell it is an "F" :p

    p.s....nice shirt! you looked great!

     
  6. paislea on August 16, 2010 at 2:07 PM

    i'm sorry about your internet. i feel the same. mine is now down. it's so frustrating!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  7. Stacey on August 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM

    You're hot girly! I don't think i've seen a pic of you before:-). You sure wear that "shirt" well. Thanks for the vote of confidence re my future prospects in the furniture
    business:-). xo

     
  8. T@PoppyPlacePdx on August 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM

    Oh you look so cute and yes, your Hubbers looks very happy :)

    I usually have self enforced no comp. Sundays and I love the sense of freedom it gives me, but unfortunately the whole summer I seem to have been on the comp. way too much :(

    I love your list, I love motor bikes and got my provisional Licence but never followed thru ended up buying a jag instead :)

    Hope you are staying cool :) T.

     
  9. k on August 16, 2010 at 3:20 PM

    i love that wedding pic - so funny :)

     
  10. Emily@VitaNostra on August 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM

    I love your dress (and shoes of course)! and that wedding picture is fabulous! Just catching up... I love your list! Only 3 states to go? I'm impressed! Weekends here... all wedding, all the time... not much in the way of excitement lately. Two months to go!

     
  11. Tania on August 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM

    a few things here:
    a- i totally can't wait to see what that new project is! i may have to purchase one ;)
    b- sam looks hilarious! he's totally big pimpin'.
    c- woah legs! i can't believe that's a shirt, but really, you're tiny and it's tiny...so,it's probably not meant to be worn sans bottoms. either way, you look smokin!

     
  12. amanda on August 16, 2010 at 5:51 PM

    your embroidery project is so awesome and impressive! I love it, the way you made it your own! and to be quite honest, sometime I wish my internet were down so I would be more productive!! :(

     
  13. this free bird on August 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM

    i think ya look grand and the hubs is super duper happy!!

    poor kitties...chef and i worry about ours too and i always say to them, sucks to have a fur coat in the heat my friends!

    hehe

    xoxo,
    carrie

     
  14. heather on August 16, 2010 at 8:19 PM

    Gosh I would love to have some of your heat... But really happy mediums are always better, aren't they? I love your dress and whole outfit! You look so pretty!

     
  15. Lynzy on August 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM

    Looks like a great weekend! I enjoyed myself at the Cape :) It's nice to have some peace and quiet without technology every once and a while!

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

     
  16. My Life Under the Bus on August 17, 2010 at 4:15 PM

    LOL ! If you can carry off wearing a shirt as a dress ( and certainly by the picture you can ) who cares ! You go girl !!! : )

     
  17. Janet Mazorie on August 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM

    You look fab, who cares if it's a shirt!

     
  18. yourstrulydear on August 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM

    hahaha it's entirely possible it's a shirt. hehehe. love it :]

     
  19. nevertheless on August 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM

    lol, your husband does look rather pleased with himself, what a great pic. Also love the dress even if it may be a shirt!

    I like the looks of the project preview, can't wait to see more x