Happy Thursday all. Sorry to be posting so late, but I've been agonizing over this one. I wanted to share with you all my current musical obsession: The Airborne Toxic Event.  I'm no music savant, but from the moment I purchased this album, it has been firmly lodged in my car CD player.  I wish I could properly describe how wonderful the entire CD is, but I think I wouldn't do it justice.  If you like this track, you should really give their album a full listen. 

A song not released on their original album. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. : )



I struggled with deciding which track to link here, because I wanted to give you all a little peek into something I think is pretty special.  I thought *everyone* had already heard of this band (their single "Sometime Around Midnight" has gotten some decent airplay), but I've learned from two very musical friends that they'd never heard off this band before.


{ you like? any recommendations for me? }




6 notes

  1. k on August 5, 2010 at 3:42 PM

    i have never heard of the either, but i like!!

     
  2. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 5, 2010 at 3:46 PM

    After all the buffering (damn IE), I DO like! I didn't know who they were :)

    if you want something fun, danceable and completely hilarious lyrically...check out Electric Six. They are also quite amazing to see live cuz they're just so damned quirky and talented :)

    I'll always suggest Jason Mraz cuz I've been a fan for so long. but you just can't get the full effect without hearing/seeing him live. amazing. remind me and i'll let you borrower one of my cds ;)

    Others I'm loving lately are, Ingrid Michaelson, Sia, Florence + the machine, grace potter & the nocturnals

    I've been a longtime fan of local artist Brandi Carlisle...

    plus there's a great ,folk rock singer out there, Patti Griffin, I just really dig her voice.

    my mp3 player has literally thousands of songs (and i own hundreds of cds) so it'd be a LOONG list of suggestions :p

    ooh plus i really love the new Eminem album :p

    OH AND if you ever get a chance to see MUSE live..you must go! amazing. amazing. amazing.

    ok i promise I'll stop now!

     
  3. Andrea (Panda) on August 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM

    oooh i like them! you should bring the CD in to work tomorrow...so you fantastic coworker can put it on her computer.

     
  4. Janet Mazorie on August 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM

    I have also never heard of them. But I really like their sound. I will have to pass this along to my much more musically inclined boyfriend. Thanks for sharing it with us!

     
  5. Tayebug on August 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM

    I've never heard of this band, but the song you chose is nice. I would like to hear more.

     
  6. Unknown on August 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM

    Love this band! I actually downloaded their single way back in the day, and then HAD to download the rest of the album. If you havent heard of The Helio Sequence, I reccomend them! Get the Album "Keep Your Eyes Ahead" Every song is great. :)