Now that I'm rounding out my twenties, there are some things I want to accomplish before diving into the great big beyond that is....thirty.

It's hard to compile a list like this - to boil down what you hope to achieve into a 30 line summary.  And so I give you the first part now, while I marinate on further additions.


{ "the" list }





  1. ride a motorcycle
  2. visit Vancouver, B.C.
  3. have a functional, organized workspace
  4. take a vacation with the ladies (sorry hubbers)
  5. understand GoogleAnalytics
  6. visit all 50 states (three to go!)
  7. get a tattoo
  8. get my "guns" back!
  9. take a solo road trip
  10. learn to use my grandma's sewing machine
 
  
                       flickr                                                          


The rest to follow...



{ what's on your list? }





19 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on August 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM

    Nr. 5 ...I am so glad that Im not the only one...hahaha...

    I am thinking about a tattoo...would love to lear French...but I think I will need more time for that...hahaha...
    I have a plan that in a year or so I will try my hands in pottery...I hope I will find the time for it:)
    Great list,sweetie

    Happy Thursday and see you soon:)

     
  2. k on August 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM

    i've said for the past 2 years i would start making a list, but i just haven't!!

     
  3. Andrea (Panda) on August 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM

    I have a list its somewhere in my wallet...i just remember get married was on it. *sigh* Well i can totatlly help you with the motorcycle thing...you just have to trust me. and I so want to visit canada again! lol i am all over this list of yours. Well this part of it...cept the google part..youre on your own.

     
  4. Jen on August 12, 2010 at 2:55 PM

    My list? Oh sweetie, I have lists galore!! A list for work tomorrow, a list for the weekend, a grocery list, a life-long list, a bucket list, a shopping list, a to-do list... you name, I've got it ;-)

     
  5. ana on August 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM

    i love this list. number 5 made me giggle. have you used http://www.craftopolis.com/ ? you give it access to your analytics & it shows you the important stuff, i like the tag report. :)

    & what would you get for a tattoo?!

    i am close to rounding out my 20s as well. not too long until i hit the thirties as well. dun dun duuuun. my list would consist of seeing a great white shark (in a cage of course)...and i don't really know what else. i guess finally graduate with the ol'phd. sigh.

    & thanks for your encouraging words on my blog post! i hope you are able to plow through the same struggle as well ;)

     
  6. yourstrulydear on August 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM

    seriously on #5. i only know the basics hehe. i have a lot of goals. 1. look cute. like...all the time. obviously doable, right? hehe. oh, and 2. get fit. lose the pooch! i have about a billion others but those are my top 2 ;]

     
  7. Lynzy on August 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM

    You've been to 47 states?! I am SO jealous!! I need to make a list like this soon :) A lil' bucket list
    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

     
  8. Victoria on August 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

    lol @ 8, and definitely agree with 2!! ;)

    I've never actually sat down to set out a list of things I want to do, but they do sort of float around in my head. I may have to give it a try!

     
  9. Leia on August 13, 2010 at 3:57 AM

    This is a great list (although I'm a bit confused about number 8?) - I need to make a list, too! :)

    Leia

     
  10. Stacey on August 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

    I've always wanted to learn to make furniture. I love power tools and i can be pretty handy with them. However, i haven't mastered the art of cutting wood and making something beautiful. I want to learn more about google analytics too(but i'm not sweating it). Happy Friday!

     
  11. paislea on August 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM

    i love this. it's so cute! i would love to help you with google analytics. it's soooooo much fun. you get so much information from analytics. it's truly amazing!

    ♥ and you HAVE to get a tattoo. i have one. and i'm in love with it!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  12. heather on August 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM

    love your list, and that you didn't finish it! because it will never really end. more writing is on my list. and crafty things :)

     
  13. Janet Mazorie on August 14, 2010 at 2:15 PM

    Great List! I only have two more states to go (Alaska and Hawaii) before visiting all 50...but it's gonna happen. I too would also like my "guns" back. The thing I love most on this list is your idea of a solo road trip. That sounds amazing and I would love to do that. Unfortunately I sold my car 4 years ago when I moved to NYC. Maybe a solo train trip for me? Or maybe I should wait until I buy another car. Where would you want to go on your solo trip?

     
  14. amanda on August 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM

    so far so good. fun list! I like #8 and #5, I wanna understand it with you.

     
  15. nevertheless on August 15, 2010 at 4:10 AM

    lol at number 5, I totally agree with you there!

     
  16. My Life Under the Bus on August 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM

    Your 30's are great - I'm mid 40's and really I don't know what all the stink was about. You'll have a great time ! I only have one thing on my list...start my own business !

     
  17. Tania on August 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM

    um, you're going to combine the ladies trip and one of those missing states, right? and maybe we can ride motorcycles while reading "googleanalytics for dummies" after a hearty morning workout? and of course that evening, we'll get wasted and get matching tats of the instructions to use your grandmother's sewing machine.
    geez, we may need a vacation from that vacation!

     
  18. cabin + cub on August 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM

    oh you should lump #2 and 4 together! that would be fun... i am biased though since i live in Vancouver!! ;)

     
  19. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 16, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    vancouver is great but have you been to victoria yet? you should add that to your list :p

    i'm curious what the tattoo would be, too. I thought for many years and made sure i was happy with my design before going in. i think it was 5 years from start-to-finish. so i dont regret it. although, i sometimes forget it's there since it's in a discreet location :p

    i would get more, and i know what i want. i'm just saving that money for more important things right now...like bills :p