This week wwKw is coming to you a little differently. I've been wanting to experiment with the website Polyvore of which I've heard so much.  So this week I've designed an outfit I'd love to buy from head to toe.



{ outfit for an autumn day }
earrings: amazon
dress: modCloth
shoes: zappos


I do have a question for Etsians and other independent artisans:  How do you feel about someone importing one of your images (with link to your site embedded) to Polyvore? I deliberately avoided doing so until I had some general consensus as to how the community in general might feel about it.  Otherwise I certainly would ave selected a little more diversely on a couple of these items. :P  I'd love some input!


{ whaddya think? }



ps - don't forget: I'd love to make up a wwKw post just for you!  Send in your ideas, or leave a comment below. 





18 notes

  1. K A T H L E E N on August 6, 2010 at 12:17 PM

    love the earrings!come follow me xoxo

     
  2. Unknown on August 6, 2010 at 12:25 PM

    LOVVVE the bag!!!

     
  3. paislea on August 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM

    i LOVE that outfit!!! the dress is my favorite!! l-l-LOVE! so cute!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

     
  4. Stacey on August 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM

    I love all the pieces you chose! Beautiful!

     
  5. Almost Precious on August 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM

    The ensemble is divine and, just like Paislea Elyse says, the dress is my fave also, it is a knock out.

    As for your question, that is a tough one. I personally appreciate all the publicity and exposure for my etsy shop that I can get. However there are a number of artesian who wish to protect their OOAK creations and actually fear that someone might try to copy it and pass the copy off as their very own creation. So I suggest that when in doubt contact the artist and ask how they personally feel.

     
  6. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on August 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM

    Great outfit! I loves it. :)

    I don't have an opinion really on someone using my images in Polyvore... BUT, last I knew you couldn't use Polyvore to clip things form Etsy. They're not compatible. I'm not sure if that's something Polyvore is looking into or avoiding on purpose.

     
  7. nathalie on August 6, 2010 at 1:07 PM

    Those earrings are lovely! Thanks for the inspiration :3

     
  8. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on August 6, 2010 at 1:11 PM

    Yeah, I'd be curious to hear sellers' opinions as well. It's kind of tricky since people could create the set and not give photo credit or a link to the shop...

    I wonder if Polyvore doesn't work with Etsy because of it being so many different sellers, unlike from where everything else is clipped from. But then again, there are things on Polyvore from Amazon, and that's not just one main seller... so who knows!

     
  9. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on August 6, 2010 at 1:22 PM

    I think you're right. On Polyvore they automatically have the links. But if you're posting it on a blog, you could easily get rid of them. I guess if the automatic linking worked the same as it does for Amazon, then I don't see the issue. It just comes down to the responsibility of the blogger to give credit where it's due. Though, I haven't seen that as a huge issue, so that leads me to think there are other reasons why Polyvore and Etsy are not compatible; either business or technology.

     
  10. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on August 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM

    Great outfit! Maybe I should have you put together my "what to wear" for senior photos/family photoshoots on my other blog ;)

    as far as your question, I don't know cuz I haven't checked out that site. (and here at work, I don't like to venture far from the sites I already know). But my flickr photos are all rights reserved, so I guess I don't like sharing much unless I KNOW someone will be crediting me (which is so hard these days)!

     
  11. Andrea (Panda) on August 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM

    CUTE!

     
  12. Janet Mazorie on August 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM

    I love that bag and those tights would go with so many things in my wardrobe.
    I too don't have a good answer for the Polyvore topic. I believe that if you have a presence already on the web, such as Etsy, you are already at risk for copy cats. You really can't have it one way without the other. There will always be people looking to steal designs no matter where you have your pictures. If you can get the free publicity on Polyvore I would do it!

     
  13. Emily@VitaNostra on August 6, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    Love, love it! Very cute.

    And I'm feeling out of it.... yikes, I think I need to know what Polyvore is. Off to educate self...

    And PS - I am going to send you a link to something... stay tuned!

     
  14. Oh, My Darling on August 6, 2010 at 3:02 PM

    I've been lusting after that dress for quite awhile. Great outfit!

     
  15. Leia on August 7, 2010 at 1:07 AM

    Ooh what a beautiful dress! And cardigan! And boots and tights and earrings! I just love everything and the colors are perrrfect for autumn :)

    Leia

     
  16. Anna K. on August 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM

    Hello!

    Love this outfit you've created!

    Hunky Boyfriend and I are still giggling about the rumor you shared on my blog!

    Have a great weekend!

     
  17. Tayebug on August 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM

    I love the outfit, head to toe.

     
  18. k on August 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM

    it's very cute! I have no idea how I would feel...I would probably import it because I know that I check out a lot of the things that I like on Polyvore - as in i go to the link, so it couldn't hurt!