You call remember how I took the pledge to give only handmade and vintage Christmas gifts this year?


Well, my dear and wonderful hubbers took it to heart, and made sure he did the same. 



"Teal Chevron Stripe with Emerald ALEXIS Clutch" by ao3designs

I couldn't even believe that this beauty is now mine!  I cannot wait to use it, and I think I need to make up some sort of outing so that I can - asap.

Recognize it from this post?





"Rain Drop Stripe Long Zipper Pouch" by MadameCupcake

Not exactly the same pattern, but really similiar, I am now the proud owner of my own multi-colored rain drop pouch.  Hubbers seemed dubious of my "need" for a "another" pouch, but I assured him - DON"T WORRY - a packrat lady can never have too many. 

Look familiar?





"fleur de toi" necklace by fleurfatale

I also received this sweet necklace.  I love fleurfatale's shop (which is in vacation mode now, but be sure to sign up to receive notification when it reopens on January 2nd)!  So many pretty things to browse.

Mayhap you remember this shop from this treasury?



Anyway, sorry to get all braggy on you.  I was so touched by the serious amount of effort the hubbers went to this year, and that he helped me to support some wonderful independent artists. 


I am a lucky, lucky girl.


{ what gave you that warm, glowy feeling inside this holiday? }



Psssst! - Monica is the shizz.



22 notes

  1. Andrea (Panda) on December 29, 2010 at 11:47 AM

    you are a lucky girl! that necklace is really cute. i forgot to tell you that yesterday.

     
  2. Tania on December 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM

    GO SAM! tell him to feel free to buy me presents next year. ;)

     
  3. this free bird on December 29, 2010 at 12:17 PM

    i don't think you're braggy at all. i love that he got into it AND that he has excellent taste! yay!!

    xo,
    c

     
  4. Anonymous on December 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM

    He did such a good job!

     
  5. Anonymous on December 29, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    But small bags and clutches and things are so very handy to hold all sorts of items. They're essential organizing tools, and aesthetics are a vital part of ones environment as a hierarchical need based on Maslow's theory of personality. For some people, aesthetics are just as important as other needs in order for that personality to be healthy and thrive.

    It's a handy way to validate new purchases. ;)

    ~M

     
  6. Amanda on December 29, 2010 at 3:02 PM

    So cute!! What a great guy! Great taste too - awesome!

     
  7. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on December 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM

    Amazing when a boy pays attention! Good on you, Sam! Great presents!

     
  8. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on December 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

    You lucky lady!

     
  9. Samantha on December 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM

    Lucky you! He had really quite good picks for you! :o)

    Thanks for the blog comment, I'd love if you followed. :o)

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

     
  10. Cat on December 31, 2010 at 6:43 AM

    Well...Merry Christmas to you! What a great haul! Happy New Year! Best, Cat

     
  11. Janet Mazorie on December 31, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    You are a lucky girl...These are so lovely! You will have to do a new outfit post with this clutch included.
    My warm fuzzy glow came from my mom's cookies this year. Now I have a gut...totally worth it!

     
  12. Stephanie on December 31, 2010 at 5:11 PM

    Great gifts!!! He did so well!

    I couldn't resist posting some of my gifts either ;)

     
  13. Lisa Lisa Lisa on January 1, 2011 at 7:28 AM

    You lucky gal, those are fabulous gifts! And the best part is the gift of him supporting your goals. That is just beautiful.
    I hope you two had a lovely start to the New Year! If I ever get out to Seattle again (no plans at this point) we should do a bloggie meet up ;) Be touristy, etc.

     
  14. T@PoppyPlacePdx on January 1, 2011 at 1:46 PM

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, my Dear Blogger Buddy :)

    What a sweetie your Hubby is :)

    Hope you have a lovely start to the New Year :) T.

     
  15. BonBon Rose Girls Kristin on January 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

    I absolutely love that chevron clutch! SO cute!

     
  16. cb on January 2, 2011 at 10:05 PM

    what great presents and go hubbers! he did a fantastic job! you are a lucky girl :D

    happy new year!

    xo,
    cb

     
  17. Anonymous on January 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM

    Sweet husbands are the best :) I love mine.

     
  18. Michelle {lovely little things} on January 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM

    Cute clutches!

     
  19. yourstrulydear on January 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM

    wow, what an awesome boy! he obviously has excellent taste ;] my boy did pretty good too. he even got me a shark steam mop! (i know it isn't handmade, forgive me!)

     
  20. Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan on January 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM

    Kelli, that is so impressive! I think my husband would be like a deer in headlights trying to navigate Etsy. hehe

     
  21. nevertheless on January 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM

    awww, how sweet is he?! you are one lucky wife :D

     
  22. Oh, My Darling on January 26, 2011 at 6:39 AM

    Aw, how thoughtful of him! He's got quite a fashion sense, too.