Standing in line at the post office for 40 minutes yesterday made me realize:
whoa - christmas is almost here!


Etsy recently launched a new aspect of their search feature that should save you lots of stress and time. 



 You've always had the ability to pull shops local to your area, but now you can search for specific items within your desired city, state, province, district, planetery realm, and what have you.


Allow me to illustrate:


Let's say I want to find a badger-themed gift here in Seattle.


I simply type "badger" in the search box, and then click this handy little link to right called "Shop Local" and *poof!*, I'm left with Seattle-only badgers!


Think of how quickly something purchased within your same city might arrive at it's destination (thus extending your procrastination period)?  You might even be able to pick it up from your local seller!


But wait, there's more.


Let's say my badger recipient does not live in the same city as me, but I've still wasted oodles of time on youtube and googling "how to report a power outage." 


Well,



You can simply change the location to a city local to your recipient!  Same theory applies: the closer the seller, the quicker the shipping.


And voila!  Holiday stress neutralized.


I guess we've run out the clock on gift guides this year.  I just couldn't in good conscience be suggesting gifts from across the globe, when let's face it, the odds of it arriving in time for the holidays are dicey.

Plus, I think this new search feature is totally rad.



{ doesn't shopping local make you feel all warm + fuzzy inside? }



Pssst! - FANCY Badger!





10 notes

  1. Diana Mieczan on December 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM

    I love this! Thank you so much for telling us about it...It will make my shopping so much easier:) Kisses and have a lovely day

    Ps: I am hosting a charming scarf GIVEAWAY today, just in time for cozy Christmas!

     
  2. cb on December 15, 2010 at 9:56 AM

    i have seen that a feature! it is super awesome! etsy is so amazing and clever! what will they think of next!

    okay seriously, LOVE that badger picture!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome, i know the mister would just crack up if he saw that!

    hehe your comment made me laugh...thanks for all the sweet comments cutie!

    xo,
    cb

     
  3. T@PoppyPlacePdx on December 15, 2010 at 11:52 AM

    Oh the Badger is cute, now that makes me homesick :(

    Yep, I definitely wouldn't suggest buying (or sending) anything overseas for arriving for Xmas, I sent a package the day before Thanksgiving to OZ and it just got there, Phew!!!

    I need to step away from the computer, I just bought myself yet another xmas prezzie. Well, I am supporting local and an Artist, so it is a good thing right!?!?!

    Have a lovely Day, T. :)

     
  4. paislea on December 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM

    oooh! what a nice feature! thanks for sharing love!!

    allister bee blog

     
  5. Anonymous on December 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM

    Oh handy!! Great to know for the future.

    As an aside, all the references to "badger" has my brain going "Badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!!" Oh, the internets...how we loves you.

     
  6. Alexia on December 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM

    Ohhh, I like the new Local Items feature! Etsy seems to be going through a ton of changes lately - this is one I really like! :)

     
  7. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox on December 15, 2010 at 9:31 PM

    now if only Etsy would come up with a "shop with someone else's money" feature

    that's what I'm waiting for!!

     
  8. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird on December 16, 2010 at 8:09 AM

    That's awesome, what a great new feature!

     
  9. Isabel on December 16, 2010 at 8:32 AM

    etsy is amazing!

     
  10. k on December 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM

    I def needed a tip on how to find badgers :)